Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Size ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wear size 10 (uk) what size for boarding, bigger or smaller.
Looking on e-bay so cannot try 'em on.

Cheers
Sarge
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sarge, you have to go with what fits and since comfy, well fitting boots are your most important piece of kit you need to get yer bum down to your nearest retailer and try some on before crowbaring the purse.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, Good advice! rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Masque,

Everyones feet are different so spend an hour or so down the shop and buy from those that know. I tried 5 different brands before settling on my 32's. Some just didn't fit and my feet told me so after a few minutes. It's worth paying for the expertise of a good boot fitter. Buying unseen could be an expensive mistake.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, thanks for that.
I'm only looking for some cheap 2nd hand stuff for Uk artificial slopes and maybe the odd snowy day in N Wales, so I'm not investing much
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The boots will never be as tight as the first time you put them on. Its a fine line between getting no heel lift and having your toes crushed and touching. Boots pack out(padding taking up less volume) quick, especially when they are used wet. I'd go smaller size with a pair of thin socks then start using thicker socks when they start packing out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had size 10 street shoes for as long as I can remeber. I've measured my feet and all the conversion charts tell me I'm a size 8.5. I'd agree with a 9.5, but I've never fit into a 9 before...

It's a black art I tell ya. Try 'em on or take put luck.

1) Cut your toe nails.
2) Decide if you like warm feet or snug feet, i.e. thick socks or thin socks
3) Take those socks to the shop and try the blighters on for size
4) Boots one size too big will feel delightful - don't be beguiled - your foot should feel one with the boot, not molly-coddled by it.
5) Boots too small are a nightmare, but don't let that fear persuade you to go too large.
6) Some variation even within the same manufacturer, otherwise more variation between manufacturers.

Maybe you should always try boots on with thin socks? Then, if they're slightly too big, you've always got thick socks as an option?

NB I am not an expert - take all the above as simply uninformed codswallop. Embarassed

Oh, and it's amazing how just the right amount of alcohol at just the right time can help ease foot pain. Your foot may change size according to relaxation/stress/exertion morning/afternoon, hydration/alcohol, etc. Adjustments on the day can compensate to some extent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy