Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scratch Bindings OK?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a good deal for Scott Mission skis has not been easy - I couldn't find any trawling ebay us or uk. However [url=http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/700554||@cSkis@bScott|0|user||2|]Ellis Brigham have a reasonable deal[/url], once SCGB discount is applied.

Having hire skis for many years now, I have become woefully ignorant about bindings, though. Are the Scratch 120s which come with this package OK?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, I havent got a clue on this but we were unable to find any of these ski's at the Ski Show on Thursday.
Somebody who says all ski's are the same wanted to have a look at the ones you kept talking about rolling eyes Laughing

Quote:

once SCGB discount is applied.

I didnt see this in the little print, how much discount? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bartletts had them I think.

The Scratch AFAIK are the same binding as the Axial 2 120 with different graphics though the EB catalogue shows the Axial at £10 more for some reason. A binding expert might be able to tell you the difference.

You can always ask EB for a different binging if you've a preference as the missions won't have a mounting plate/rail.

I've always liked look/rossi bindings
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds, 10%, although with a littel haggling with the Manager anyone can get 10% off at EB's.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles, Telemark Pyrenees are offering the Missions at 475 euros in the flat & Axial 2 120 Pro Wide's at 129 euros. That's about £425
& they'll inc the mounting. You can probably haggle away the £10 shipping also.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, discount is in your treats folder, IIRC.
spyderjon, Aha! Looks promising - and shipping is free to the UK for orders over €400. Have you dealt with them? Mind you - at that price I might take a punt anyway.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, Yes I've made a few purchases from them as have a number of my buddies. Highly recommended. Remember to specify your required binding location.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, Snowtrax have the Scott Mission + S10 (Salomon?) binding for £419.95
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sharkymark, that looks good, I like dealing with a UK shop.

spyderjon, yuk. Being a hirer for so long, I have no idea what position to ask for my bindings to be located. Can you give any guidance? The trial ones at Castleford seemed just right to me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, Sorry but i'm not familiar with the Scott skis at all & the position of any markings that they have on them. I know my own Campbell Balancer measurement so that's how I position my own bindings. If I didn't I'd be mounting my skis so that my ball of foot was over the centre of the running surface, but this requires that you have possession of the skis to set the measurement.

My own Campbell Balancer will be ready in the next couple of weeks (when i get time I've just got to machine the mountings for the nylon bushings) so I can offer you two choices: 1) delay specifying the binding location for a few weeks, pop over & get measured & then tell your supplier or 2) haggle a bit of extra discount & have them send the skis & bindings unmounted so that I can measure you on the Missions. You can then get them mounted to that measurement. I'm afraid that I can't mount them for you because the insurance costs just don't make it commercially viable to offer that service. I could also clean & wax up those new bases at the same time.

Another alternative would be to contact the Scott UK's distributor & ask them how they mounted their demo ski.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy