Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap flight comparison websites?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else got any good links to price comparison websites for flights?

I tend to use this one:

http://www.skyscanner.net/

I find it's monthly overview very handy when trying to work out a weekend trip.

I'm sure there must be others out there, which ones do you use?

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never used them for ski trips - mainly cause I've had great experiences using Expedia, Opodo and then calling Trailfinders.

It will be interesting to see how the various airlines react to the new hand baggage rules being introduced Europe-wide from 6th November.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you use Expedia, Opodo for European weekends then WTFH?

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, rarely - I start off with where I want to go, then work out how to get there, then see who flies the route. (but right now, it's more likely looking at the SNCF timetable, and booking a train)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, it's not a comparison website but http://www.whichbudget.com/ can be useful for showing who flies to which airport.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This ones quite good http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is no 'specific' answer to this but a few tips do help. Behind all good 'online agents' is one of the major GDS - places where airines log availability and price, these are VERY consistent for 'shorthaul' flights ( subject to search capabilities).

So - shorthaul check an Opodo/Expedia/e-bookers and the lowcost airlines who (almost exclusively) do not use GDS. Then book via the airlines site - invariably cheaper or same price - subject to yield control etc.

Longhaul - by all means check the Opodo/Expedia sites but do shop around !! 'Net' fares ( where agents add their own markups) are a lot more prevalent -- there is no one 'Always Cheaper' source (although there used to be wink )

I've never yet found a really good comparator model ( not going to bore you as to why) ...

Strange thing is accomodation gets nowhere near the same focus from the public and is a lot more disparate and inconsistent marketplace rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy