Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where can i ski mid november long weekend

Poster: A snowHead
would like to take good lady away for weekend 10 nov hopefully ,any ideas on where would be open with snow cover.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only those resorts with glaciers. Tignes, LDA in France with a few others in Austria and Switzerland.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shorty, there are 36km pisted at Hintertux. http://www.hintertux.at/?ct=wettertux Should be good for weekend Very Happy .

Fly via Salzburg with Ryanair with a 2 1/4 hour drive or get to Innsbruck for about 1 1/4 hour drive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
shorty, on the basis of past experience I'd look at the Stubai, Solden, Kitzsteinhorn (Kaprun) or Hintertux - all in Austria. Hintertux has the best skiing.
Or, in Switzerland, look at Saas Fee or Zermatt. Saas Fee has slightly better gradients, but Zermatt has big appeal for a weekend,

Zermatt's lift system provides particularly good mountainbiking and hiking possibilities during non-skiing hours.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shorty, http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/overview/default.asp is a helpful overall guide for current conditions. From that link it looks like Zermatt is temporarily closed (to be updated Monday).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shorty, LDA is not open in mid-November Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski wrote:
shorty, LDA is not open in mid-November Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Not even weekends?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shorty, I think Tignes is your best bet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey Shorty,

Please have a look at these two threads:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18892

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=19156

A couple of us have looked into it, and it seems that it is prohibitively expensive to ski for a long weekend in November. The travel agencies are not geared up for it. The flights are available but not in Ski-season mode. Transfers you would have to sort yourself. etc.

In the end unless someone can point me in the direction of someone offering a package deal for a suitable price, then I shall be saving my cash and investing it in a better lads ski trip in March. Upgrading the Pas De La Casa cheap and cheerful trip to Blue Mountain or Tremblant! Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shorty, I have also put this on the thread that Jarvski linked to, but would disagree that it is expensive. If you wanted a long weekend, flights thurs 9th Nov - Mon 13th Nov would be£35.11 total Stansted to Salzburg with a 2.25 hour drive to Hintertux or for £14.97 total you could do Stansted to Bergamo with a 2.5 hour drive (I think) to Cervinia. Car hire for a small car would only be about £100 for a weekend.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How much would car parking at Stanstead be for five days?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NOt sure, but Bishop's stortford footie club used to be good.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jarvski, it is not prohibitively expensive.

Although I guess that depends on your budget.

I've done many Nov trips - cheap GVA flights available from London (which I believe is not so easy (!) from regional airports), cheap car hire if there's 4/5 of you and you book early enough, the Mercure in Vd'I does a slightly cheaper rate at that time of year, so all in all I reckon it didn't go (much if at all) over my "normal" ski-day budget. (of around £110 per day)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£110 a day!!!!! what planet?

Thats £770 for a week, I can go to Tremblant for that!

Perhaps I'm not as rich as the over 35's?

By cheap I mean £250 for 4 days or £62.50 a day - that is a proper budget!

A
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch wrote:
Jarvski, it is not prohibitively expensive.

Although I guess that depends on your budget.

I've done many Nov trips - cheap GVA flights available from London (which I believe is not so easy (!) from regional airports), cheap car hire if there's 4/5 of you and you book early enough, the Mercure in Vd'I does a slightly cheaper rate at that time of year, so all in all I reckon it didn't go (much if at all) over my "normal" ski-day budget. (of around £110 per day)

David Murdoch, It's not prohibitively expensive, but for a long weekend out of season it is much more expensive than in season. The kind of prices that are to be found are similar to a whole week in-season.

The purpose of my goal as per this: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=19156 thread was to prove that a weekend skiing could be achieved for cheaper than a few visits to the local "I can't believe it's not snow" centre such as Tamworth, Milton Keynes etc.

I don't mind paying for quality, but I loathe having to pay over the odds for short trips out of season, which could be saved for a worthy upgrade of a trip away in-season.

But yes you are right, the low-cost carriers do seem to forget that there is a whole country called England, and not just London Wink

I'd love to know what you are spending £110 a day on ... hob nobbing with Posh n Becks in Cortina again are we? lol
ski holidays
It has gotta be Hintertux in mid-Nov. It is the only glacier with any snow left. Almost everywhere in the Alps, except Hintertux and Saas Fee, has been battered by sun, rain and wind this Summer.
snow report
Saas-Fee is saying the slopes there will be open down to the mid-station at Morenia from this weekend. If correct, that would give 1000 m vertical to ski - 2500m to 3500 m.
snow conditions
The opening FIS giant slalom race on the Soelden glacier got cancelled today (Weds), due to rain and warm temps. Sad
snow report
The opening FIS giant slalom race on the Soelden glacier got cancelled today (Weds), due to rain and warm temps. The organizers are quoted as saying they had rain well over 3k meters and they had never seen anything like it at this time of year Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy