Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats the closest resort to Geneva?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
under a new name,

Why not stop at Les Houches as it is at least 5 miles shorter than Brevent but on the same road.

I suppose not everyone believes in Google Map but it indicates from Junction 19 to Brevent the journey is 24.5 miles requiring 29 minutes.

The 7.5miles distance from the same junction to Les Carroz requires 17 minutes.

Could you have mixed Les Carooz with somewhere else? Its lowest chairlift is at 1200m level almost at the town centre. The Chamonix/Brevent journey is a fast road and many parts are in dual carriageway but it is still 3 times longer than the 7.5 miles to Les Carroz!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi - the SkiRail Map of the Alps shows you how to get to resorts by train, and how long journeys generally take. You can see the Lake Geneva part of the map here http://rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information
Basically, it's easy to reach the Swiss resorts and there are some beauties close to Lake Geneva with lovely train journeys, and great views of the lake from the mountains. There must be around 10 resorts within 2.5 hours of the airport by train. The French ones are harder to reach by train but lots of the Chamonix valley resorts (Chamonix, Argentiere, St Gervais etc) are on the rail network although it's a bit of trek via Martigny (albeit an enjoyable one), and will be much quicker when the new direct line opens in a couple of years.
N Neige
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Geneva.
Everything is close from here.Even UK.

My favorite is Chamonix and esp. La Tour.

To get to Cham is faster than to Les Carroz or Flaine. You take a highway in Geneva and you leave highway in Cham.
You spend less time driving up the mountain which is most time consuming. So no matter if it's in the winter or summer... Cham will be always quicker.

To get to Chamonix you need approx 1h. (depends how much you respect speed limits, I managed to do it once in 35min).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
saikee, fair point, I was only thinking Chamonix/Brevent as our house is there.

A the weekend, on a Saturday or Sunday evening in mid to High Season, Les Carroz to Cluses has taken me 90 minutes... I have never had such a problem from Chamonix (other than during Kandahar downhill week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MartynaS wrote:
I live in Geneva.

To get to Chamonix you need approx 1h. (depends how much you respect speed limits, I managed to do it once in 35min).

Haha, that's an awesome quote Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MartynaS, 35mins? Crikey, depending exactly where you live, you must have been pushing it!

When we lived in Thonex, our fastest to Brevent side was 45 mins...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you don't want to hire a car then it is easier to get shared transfers to Morzine/Les Gets/Chamonix. If you are going to then I'd personally choose Les Carroz for a weekend. I like the atmosphere and skiing in the Grand Massif is great! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy