Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Special snowHeads CAR HIRE rates......

Poster: A snowHead
FRANCE only........

If any snowHeads snowHead are interested, I have negotiated fairly decent commercial, Medium Term car hire rates with Hertz in France.

These are rates for a mimimum hire of 30 days.

Examples:

All include, CDW, Garantie Vol TP and Assurance Complementaire PI.

There is a limit of 2,000km per month (which was adequate for my own needs)

Group A Fiat Panda 324,00 euro for 30 days hire

Group B Peugeot 206 356,00 euro

Supplied full of fuel - usual caveats require vehicle to be returned full of fuel.

One driver - supplement applies for additional named drivers.

These rates are not available to the public. If you want to avail of them PM me and I will include your name on the 'Commercial' list. For snowHeads snowHead only!

Edited to include.........

P.S.

I shall be 'inviting' a donation of £10 per hire for snowHeads snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-10-06 18:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BC, looks good to me ...we have all sorted out car-hire out for the PSB but we only wanted a few days...
Does this deal work for snowHead wanting shorter periods..., ie, a week?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd like to take advantage of prices like this, but even though I'll have several trips during the season (9 or 10 planned) I'm not sure what to do with the hire car in the periods when I'm back in the UK.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I assume it doesn't...

Anyway, well done
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, Rates are for minimum 30 days hire.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can you park them back in the Hertz lot at the airport beteen usage or would we assume that they reposess them if you do that?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, .......pushing it a bit!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't wish to diss this offer in any way but, realistically, what percentage of skiers who rent cars do so for 30 days?

Over 47 years of skiing, I have on one occasion skied for 30 days (correction, there was another winter when I instructed for 4-5 months) but was a relatively penniless ski bum, kipping (with 21 other crazies) on the floor of a 6-bed Val d'Isere apartment. We mainly focused on our next meal, and were not to be found at the Hertz desk.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith wrote:
I don't wish to diss this offer in any way but, realistically, what percentage of skiers who rent cars do so for 30 days?

40% of the current posters in this thread.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A debatable percentage!
Bernard C posted the offer, but doesn't actually state how long he continuously rents a car.
I get the impression that you, Rob, rent for up to 30 days total per winter, but not in a single stretch.
JT and fatbob seem to be (what's that expression in Dragon's Den?) "out of it"?
I'm essentially a lurker on this one.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith wrote:
A debatable percentage!
Bernard C posted the offer, but doesn't actually state how long he continuously rents a car.
I get the impression that you, Rob, rent for up to 30 days total per winter, but not in a single stretch.
JT and fatbob seem to be (what's that expression in Dragon's Den?) "out of it"?
I'm essentially a lurker on this one.

No, it will be about 55 days this season. If I hadn't already made several car bookings I think it would have worked out cheaper to take advantage of the long term hire that Bernard negotiated, but only if I could find a reasonably priced way of leaving the car at Geneva when I fly back to the UK in between ski trips.

Its a good thing that not all posts on snowHeads have to be relevant to every skier and boarder Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair point, Rob. If you're putting that amount of business Hertz's way I'd expect them to do anything to win your business - something like the equivalent of a 'season pass', but where they give you x periods of use of a car across the winter for various durations.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Goldsmith wrote:
Fair point, Rob. If you're putting that amount of business Hertz's way I'd expect them to do anything to win your business - something like the equivalent of a 'season pass', but where they give you x periods of use of a car across the winter for various durations.

That would be good, although my negiotiating skills aren't so good so I suspect that I wouldn't get a great price. Next season I think I'll try to get in touch with Bernard's contact to see what they can offer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David , Basically I did the deal with Hertz to suit my own circumstances and just posted here to share the knowledge with anybody else who might have similar requirements. As I live in Northern Ireland, its more cost effective for me to hire in France than to take a vehicle there.

I hired with Hertz last year and although I had some good discounts - they were just that - percentages off the rate for that time. Premium rates apply, especially around Christmas, New Year, a whole month of half-terms and Easter. Car hire is not cheap then!!! These current rates are flat commercial rates for any 30 days, regardless of premium/peak periods. I might add that I have no commercial attachments whatsoever with Hertz, save that I got to know several of their people in Lyons quite well last year. They laugh at my jokes in French. (probably out of politeness) I got these good rates because Frosty probably told them I was going to practice Karioke on them...... Toofy Grin

I am hiring for 4 months and for me that represents a considerable saving, esp as I have Winter tyres included which are not ordinarily available from Hertz on standard rentals. I realise that the information may not be of much use, but even if a single snowhead benefits (which one already has ) then it allows me to contribute a bit to this forum, especially as I have gained so much here.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Regrettably I have no prospect of needing a hire car for 30 days this season, but it's nice to know that if I did need one, I can enjoy a discount. Thanks, BernardC.
snow conditions
DG, Hey.... we aren't out of it..... I think I am pretty together..and when I meet Fatbob, I'll be able to confirm he is sorted as well.... Mad Madeye-Smiley just can't see me needing to hire a car that long.... if I did, I'd take my own.

But top marks to BC for sharing
ski holidays
I would definitely be interested in renting a car for 30 days at that sort of price for a month of back to back weekends as a sort of commuter ski-bum if I could leave it in the car hire car park at the airport for free, which is why I asked the cheeky question- not expecting a positive answer. No wait at the hire desk, leave your gear in the car between visits then drive where the snow's best every weekend.

I'd previously thought about buying say an old panda 4x4, the most indestructible car in the alps, but couldn't work out how to leave it close enough to say GVA ariport to be convenient, securish but not pay through the nose for parking, insurance etc
snow report

Panda 4x4

Giant panda 4x4

Photos: www.e-style.gr , www.eurekacityschools.org
ski holidays
fatbob, ...one option which I have used in the past in France, is to put an advert in a local paper seeking a rented garage for cash, convenient to the airport. Such arrangements proved popular with pensioners...need I say more....? wink
snow report
BernardC wrote:
fatbob, ...one option which I have used in the past in France, is to put an advert in a local paper seeking a rented garage for cash, convenient to the airport. Such arrangements proved popular with pensioners...need I say more....? wink

Thanks for the tip - might look into for next winter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy