Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

reality check for Ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
achilles,
Quote:
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

Interesting dis-claimer does that apply to everything on pprune? I'm sure our resident Tasmin Conditions expert would have something to say Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, applies to pretty much every chat forum, I suppose. But I would guess that an aviation forum would be more vulnerable than most.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nowadays the bucket airlines find it very difficult to compete with the BA,Swiss,KLM etc on hub routes. This is one reason EasyJet pulled out of Zurich and now fly to Basle but even there Swiss can match there prices.

Sorry, if you fly alot with ANY airline I still think coverng yourselves with yearly insurance for delay,s,bagage blah blah is the best way.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles wrote:
boredsurfin, applies to pretty much every chat forum, I suppose. But I would guess that an aviation forum would be more vulnerable than most.

Aviators are a bunch of old gossips ....................................... Shocked Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To put the medical equipment issue in perspective, I was in my local Somerfields yesterday and on the wall behind the tills was a full resuscitation kit including shock vest and next to it was a list of the people trained to use it and if they were in-store at the time. There were 10 people on the list and three in-store. An aircraft in flight is a much more stressful place than a small (5 tills) supermarket . . . from the above I think that a RA jet is the last place I want to be when the ticker has a hiccup.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think Tony Blair should save taxpayers' money and fly Ryanair. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman wrote:

O Leary would charge him double, a security risk premium or threaten to add an additional 1euro "prime minister tax" on all the other passengers. Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman wrote:

He did last year, didn't he (although for one trip only)?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from a couple of days away. We flew with Ryanair and I wasn't impressed (but then I wasn't disappointed per se either). I thought people were exaggerating when they were talking of the crew not being able to speak English... I didn't realise they were being serious!!! (Admittidly on the way back the chief steward was Irish - still couldn't understand half what he was saying/trying to sell us though).

Unlike easyJet, the only other budget airline I've flown on, I actually thought that it was obviously cheap. easyJet seemed to have a way of being cheap by not really offering anything, but being friendly and accomodating. Down to the crew mainly I think. They were also the two worst landings I think I've had (where do Ryanair get their pilots!?) - coming into Birmingham this morning, the pilot was moving the plane so much on the approach you felt he wasn't sure which runway he was using.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skisimon, the approach may have been affected by wind conditions. I do not know what IAA regulations are, but it could also be that the co-pilot has to keep current on manual (as opposed to automated) landings. And if it was the captain, even the best can be rather too positive sometimes. For that matter, if the runway is wet, you need a positive landing (rather than one that just kisses the surface, to prevent aqua planing, according to what my pilot colleagues wrote in my Service days. Not a huge fan of Ryanair - just looking at possibilities.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was it anything like this landing :

http://youtube.com/v/H0y1oPcBBMo
Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Holy! Shocked Shocked That was some piloting!

No, it was far more severe. Our pilot did a loop-de-loop before landing sideways, skidding to a halt in the car park, right next to our car... Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
More Ryanair news today:-

French say 'non' to Ryanair route
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon, did the inflatable ramp damage the paintwork or was it just too close to open the driver's side door.? snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy