Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach over New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey All

Anyone going to be in Saalbach over New Year as well?

And can anyone recommend any decent apres-ski joints to hit?!

Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi marctimms, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I won't be in Saalbach over New Year but you will have a ball there then. The apres-ski bar in the basement of the Saalbacherhof was good, if you like cheesy Euro music & dancing Toofy Grin Enjoy! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome thanks Cathy - I shall deffo check that out (not sure if cheesy Euro music is quite my scene but I'll get up on a table at the drop of a hat after a couple of austrian beers any day!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm there the previous week and we will probably cross at the airport. If you haven't been to Austria before, the system is that you hit the Apres immediately after skiing. There are various schirm (umbrella) bars at the foot of the slopes and you get straight to one of those. There are plenty of bars in the evening for apres apres (well, apres dinner!) but sometimes sleep gets you first, This is probably connected with the beer, jaegermeister etc consumed at the schirm bars. If you start drinking at 4 o'clock stamina is needed!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jaegermeister at 4 o'clock - now that is hardcore! This is sounding amazing already!

So am I right in thinking that you just ski straight off the slopes into these schirm bars?

And how long do things go on for in them?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

how long do things go on for in them?

marctimms, No one can ever remember!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi,

excellent! stumbling back to the hotel for dinner should be an experience!

hangovers never seem to hit when skiing as the cold air beats them out of you - love it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll have a go at posting a link to people supping a small one at one of these bars. This just happens to be a tiny one right outside the chalet we stay in. Notice, it is still daylight!
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/1765/cat/500/ppuser/107

As to how long it goes on. It is not unknown for people still in ski-gear to be wandering the streets at midnight and later with skis over their shoulders. They maybe forget to eat.

The best known and biggest of these is the Baumers Ski Alm at Saalbach. There is another famous (notorious) one at Hinterglemm, but you will have to ask Rachel Q about that.

snowHead

Edit, just remember it is called the Goatstall or something. Either I have been there with Rachel or never in my life. memory about the same either way!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish, Goatstall is great, as is the Hinterhagalm, and you have to visit the Spielberghut one evening. Only problem with the Goatstall, is that I had my jacket (complete with expensive digital camera, 8 day ski-pass, goggles, gloves, oakley sunglasses & hat) nicked from in the coat-rack in there. Fortunately, insurance company were good about it. I was probably just unlucky, but be warned.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy