Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Look/Rossignol bindings question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have 2 hopefully basic question on which fellow-snowheads can hopefully provide some assistance:

1 am I right that the Look PX 12 Ti Jib Wide and Rossignol Axial 2 120 Pro are basically the same binding based on axial heel piece? I have a very hard time finding exact specs on the Rossignol website.

2 am worried that after I buy new boots, which is happening soon, I might have to remount for a different boot shell size - how much adjustment is possible in these bindings without having to remount (haven't found a manual detailing such info).

Any comments on either? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you have [from memory] about 10-15 mm each way
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, Thanks. Is this documented anywhere, online or otherwise?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skibomb, I doubt it - it has more to do with how the bindings are mounted the first time. The binding will probably adjust about 25mm in total.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes they are the same bindnings.

As posted above you should have around 20mm to play with.

It's not the end of the world if you have to get them re-mounted too, so don't fret too much.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor, Thanks. I have no problem remounting, but when it's only after owning the skis/bindings for a month, or when the new mount point is too near the existing mount point, I start to fret.

f I'd only need to move them a fraction, wouldn't the existing holes get in the way?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skibomb, yes, you'd need to move them to allow room for the old holes to be properly fiilled.

Why only a month? You have some ski boots now but new ones in a month??? Why not wait to get the bindings mounted when you get your new boots?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skibomb, Ditto parlor, most likely it won't be a problem, but better to wait until you have your new boots to be sure.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy