Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klosters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowHead 's

Can anybody give me any information on Klosters, ski terrain, village, snow sureness, where to stay ect. I'm already skiing in Jan this year and for my March ski trip it was looking like I would be travelling and skiing alone, however I've just been invited to join my sisters and brothers ski trip to Klosters in March and wondered if anybody could tell me abit about the resort and skiing. Shoud I join their trip or carry on doing my own thing????

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One gets a better class of people at Klosters.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only stayed there in the summer, but I have skied at Davos. From Klosters, you have direct access to the Parsenn (2 stage cable car IIRC), plenty of pretty decent skiing up there, and the Madrisa (by gondola), about which I know nothing (good off piste possibilities, I believe). The lift pass (at least, the Davos lift pass - I'm sure Klosters has the same pass) includes the railway up and down the valley.

Klosters itself is a pleasant enough place, not very exciting, a small town rather than a village. It was on a busy road when we stayed there about 5 years ago, but the bypass tunnel up to Davos should be open by now and I imagine it will be much quieter. There are a good number of pretty decent hotels (we stayed in the Silvretta IIRC, which was very comfortable). You probably want to stay in Platz rather than Dorf unless you want to ski on the (smaller) Madrisa side, and that's where most of the hotels seem to be, so that's handy.

That's the extent of my knowledge, I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlieboy, I can't say its a destination I know much about or its not somewhere that was in my list of places to head off to on my own! thats why I asked the question rolling eyes I don't give a monkeys who ski's there, when I go to the mountains I go for the snow and the skiing. Its nice of them to give me the offer of joining their trip.

richmond, thanks for your help matey.

Cheers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied one day, based in Davos, but skied over into Klosters. The cable car takes you up from the town into the heart of the Parsenn area. I'm not sure how easy the access is to other parts of the ski area (they are linked by the train), but Parsenn had a reasonable range of skiing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Parsenn is the main skiing area in that valley (actually two valleys, I think; Davos valley is a side valley to the main one, in which Klosters is) and extends from Davos past Klosters to Kublis. Davos has a couple of other areas, Jacobshorn, Pischa, Rinerhorn, which you can get to either by skiing up to Davos or taking the train.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have always hit big queues at the Klosters cable car (always at a weekend mind you).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Room for one more little one? wink

Lend me ya Banditz matey, but remember to pack a crowbar to ensure getting them back Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
White Gold, you know if I manage to sneak onto this trip, there will always be room on the couch for you mate - it could be a flight only deal buddie Toofy Grin . If I lend you the banditz for a day White Gold, I know I won't get them back until the end of the week wink but I reckon I could handle skiing on yours for the week bud, I can see a swap shop coming on.

Rumor has it they are ummming and arrrhing over klosters now but wherever they go, I'm on it and so are you now!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've stayed and skied in Klosters 3 times now. We've always stayed at The Hotel Veriena which is v. central and comes highly recommended (ok it's a bit expensive). We spent last New Year there and they have a wonderful new years' day party with music, free wine/food, pig racing Shocked and girls with blacked up faces kissing you in the square by the station. Fantastic atmosphere.

I've never been bored with the skiing (though am only intermmediate level). I tend to stick to the Parsenn area which has plenty of long reds to keep me happy as well as going over into Davos. The home run is lovely and very long (if done from the very very top - starts off black) and you may, as we did, see HRH William and his girl whizzing down. I've never experienced any long queues on the slopes, but yes the cable car up in the morning can be like the tube. There are quite a few t-bars and button lifts, which I don't mind. When you get off the cable car at the top, don't hike your way across the flat bit to join the piste, turn immediately left and go down this run, up the button lift then after a quick schuss across, you join up, no hiking required and you are nicely warmed up! Snow in January has always been good.

I would say it is relatively quiet on night life. The bar at the bottom of the home run (before you cross the bridge) is always heaving. There's also some good local restaurants and a good Italian one opposite Hotel Veriena. For those self-catering there is a great co-op in the centre which supplies everything you will require

For a change (and a laugh) hire a pair of langlauf skis/boots for half a day and take to the trails which start by the sports centre to see some really beautiful and peaceful scenery around the village that you would otherwise miss (we did this as the mountain was shut due to avalanches). Great fun, but harder work than it looks and you keep being overtaken by people in lycra who know what they are doing!

Its also so easy to get to from Zurich, the last part being really pretty. I wouldn't think of driving there.

Klosters holds a special place in my heart, in case you didn't guess!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy