Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots -Belfast/Dublin

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I know the great outdoors in dublin hold a stock of ski boots but i was wondering if i would be better travelling uo the north to get them. Will it work out cheaper and will i get more of a selection? I tried to do a search but came up with nothing. also if anyone has any links for shops in Northern Ireland it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

John
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnfitz, welcome to snowHead

In the north there is MacSki and Topping Leisure. Not sure about prices, but the last time I was in TGO (just off Grafton Street?), I would have said they had more than Topping, but probably slightly less than MacSki.
Give Des or John a call... 028 9066 5525
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Macski have a good range of gear and its a lovely shop, but its a tad pricey. Although given the price of everything in dublin at the minute You might get a bargain or two:)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnfitz,

Although a fan of Great outdoors in Dublin for many things I don't think that their range of skiing boots cut the mustard, although there was a czech gut working there last winter who was a bootfitter

I think that you would be better off waiting till you arrive in resort and but your boots there - Thats what I did and I was able to tr 4 different types of boots at no charge before buying (I would have had to pay a rental charge if I hadn't bought
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think your better off getting in resort than at Great Outdoors as well as they just don't have the same range available. You'd probably save a fair few euros that way as well as getting a better choice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Johnfitz, which resort(s) will you be in this season?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnfitz wrote:
Hi All,

I know the great outdoors in dublin hold a stock of ski boots but i was wondering if i would be better travelling uo the north to get them.
John

Possibly - but they only sell the Orange ones.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnfitz, go see the boys at Mac ski, they will look after you well
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

Thanks a million for all the replies. I will be up notrth so i will take a trip to Mac Ski anyway to have a look. Any recommendation on boots for a 4 week skier (able to ski black slopes but not very stylishly)

John
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnfitz, the ones that fit best, and that you can flex.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnfitz, Welcome to snowheads, it's good to see the Irish numbers growing. What size are you looking for, A freind of mine has a pair of Solomons that they bought in March and used for one day but were just a little too big, if they fitted would sell for a good price.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Ross, ....Irish numbers?......don't worry there's a lot about...! Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BernardC, Super, now all we need is a snowdome so we can organise Irish events (my thumb won't let me go to a dry slope again!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey peter,

size 11 in normal runners, can feel you pain about the dry slope. I brought my girlfriend up and showing off broke 3 fingers. what we do to impresss!!!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Ross, Come up to 'Sperrins 1600' .......we have two, how shall I say, 'Itinerary Routes', Toofy Grin , normally open for a few hours each year. 'Landrover 'T' Tow' lift pass is free......... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
BernardC,

There is also that route on Errigal that we scouted in the Summer - Good for skiing for one morning every 5 years or so
ski holidays
johnfitz, Your feet are too big for the boots I was talking about as they are about size 8 or 9, you'd probably fit into my Technica boots but I'm not selling them!

If the dryslope in Kiltiernan had that astro turf type surface the whole way down the slope it would be ok but those grids that fingers and thumbs get stuck in are nasty!

Buying the right boots is very important as a tight fit is essential as they pack out after a while, unless you know alot about boot fitting you really want someone good in the shop to help you, otherwise you can make a costly mistake with the wrong size boot (normally a boot too big). I think there are discussions elsewhere on the forum about bootfitting.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy