Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot pain - advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
maggi, It's a simple process, however what you gain can be offset by what you loose. Salomon boots have a form to trace, other 'Spine-Screwed' boots are more tricky. Try changing the liner or skiing with the boots less tight at the highest buckle and see if you improve. Skiing faster when it's warmer is a good way of flexing your boots a little more. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks (and to CEM too). snowHead s is wonderful. Expert advice from professional bootfitters, without even leaving my desk!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
CEM, AGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! By all means cut a V if you never want your ski boot to return to origin!!!!!!!! No rebound! If doing this always, always, always add a Booster afterwards. Cool

SZK, understand what you're saying but doesn't a booster strap stiffen up the boot slightly?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, No, well yes, but without the piece of plastic you've removed, the boot will not return to origin as designed. This is whet gives us 'POP' and helps with unweighting and direction change. The Booster will help replace the 'POP' without returning the boot to original stiffness. Temperature, weight and speed are the factors were dealing with and we should first understand these effects on our boots before irreversibly destroying our shoes. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So who has the biggest tool after all that?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I couldn't possibly comment! Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, if you're worried about it, why not get Easiski to make you an appointment with Cedric. I'm going myself. He sorted out John Bishes boot at the last PSb too, and someone elses I think.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
doncaster, ...welcome to snowheads... snowHead

rob@rar, ....yes the faithful Jo-Jo Nevada Sports, sorted out my boots - 3, no must be four years ago and they have been skied hard since then and still as comfortable as a comfortable glove. Not Mr. Charasmatic 2006, but excellent. It's hateful to have boot pain - best see one of the experts and get it sorted - it will be well worth it.

doncaster, ..if you elect to use Nevada Sports, an appointment is absolutely necessary. Rue de la Poste, Tignes Le Lac. Telephone 00 33 4 79 06 51 54. (Jo-Jo, or Franck). They only do Alpine boots though. I am intending to replace my boots this season - they are still great, but I want to get a pair of rando/touring boots before my alpine boots go to that great resort in the sky, so therefore I am going to visit 'The Greatest Bootshop in the World' (....as coined by WearTheFoxHat), in December to see the Zookeeper, if in fact he ever gets back from vacation.

(It's a long trek to Chamonix from here but I hear he pays a mileage allowance........ Toofy Grin )
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Quote:

i would start with removing material from the lower edge of the band that has the buckle tooth insert for the clip just above the ankle [ but you need to see if it is that that is binding on the clog] you csn cutr a V cut in the cuff but i would drill it first , mark it out carefully and and cut it whilst the boot is still in one piece...you have to ask really nicely for the secret of that

As i Said.........i would start with removing material from the lower edge of the band that has the buckle tooth insert for the clip just above the ankle

Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy