Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spitzingsee anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Schliersee (near Munich) next January and have been told that the nearest skiing is at Spitzingsee. Anyone been there? Know anything? We're two beginners and two intermediates (lazy intermediates who like the schnapps and the huts far too much...)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Sue - here's the web site Look under Friezeit, Wintersports and there's something about langlauf (Nordic style x country). Daten und Fakten gives altitude. Which ain't high. Nothing about downhill skiing but it might be there somewhere - I don't speak German. It's not in our snowBase resorts list either. Sorry.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's the Rottach area I think ? I know people who live round there, it's near Tegernsee.

Another link.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't know it, but I've skied nearby Garmisch-Partenkirchen. If you're unlucky with snow and need to find high altitude skiing, you could do worse than head for the self-contained high skiing area above there on the Zugspitze (it's accessed by cog train or cablecar). The skiing up there is easy and gentle, and unique in Germany for its altitude.

Whatever, it'll be interesting to know what you find - let us know when you return, and have a great time, Sue.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From ise link:
http://www.skischule-spitzingsee.de/lage_detail.htm
http://www.skischule-spitzingsee.de/images/winterpanorama.jpg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone - looks about my level... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, last night I heard about this place (spitzingsee) as being great for beginners. We're thinking of April this year (very last minute) or Christmas. Does anyone have any accommodation advice / links, and or the best way to arrange skiing holiday in Germany. Any help/advice really appreciated.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feemackenzie, Take a look at Bayerischzell-Sudelfeld as the snow is possibly more likely to hold at Easter. I'm not at home at the moment but if you are serious I can send you some links for the area next week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy