Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

k2 miss demeanor skis, a few q's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all, myself and my girlfriend are off to st anton for the season and were trying to select a pair of skis for vicky

she has been skiing for a long time but has never owned a pair, she has some boots that fit like a glove and loves them and now its time for skis.

We have read alot and have come to a decision between K2 Burning luvs/lottoa luv (wider for 60/40 riding) and the Volkl Attiva

She is at a standard where she can ski all runs/carving/some off pieste but she is looking to progress onto little tricks and more carving, jumps etc.

We were in a shop today and the guy recommended the k2 Miss Demeanor's, we know these are a park freestyle ski that can be ridden on the mountian but will they be able to go off pieste and carve being a fs twin??

Any help would be good, she wants ski's she can do a bit of everything on a just have fun

We are going to Milton keynes tomorrow to try and test a few pairs so hopefully she will get a feel for a pair in her 10 second run

thanks all

lee
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitingplasterer,

I've heard good things about the MissD and there should be some comments on here

Just go to the 'search' option under the user facilites drop down, top left of this page and type in Missdemeanor in the keywords filed.

There are quite a few threads referring to them so take your pick

Or you can get direct reviews of certain ski under the Snowbase drop down, at the top of this page...under equipment reviews/K2 etc
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello JT thanks for the reply, i have read all i can find on here

Im really after a review from someone who is used to riding on more of a pieste/groomed ski to see how they found the difference and if they would recommend them for someone looking to buy one pair of skis for a season

Thanks alot matey

Lee
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied with a lady last season who was on Miss Demeanors, mostly on piste, and she loved them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitingplasterer, I tried them in the summer.From what you say I should think they would suit your lady very well. they are easy to ski on, and I hear they're good in the park. They're quite wide and I think they'd be good on deep, but a word of warning, while they're OK on hard piste, they'r not much fun on real ice. They carve well enough, but prefer short - medium radius. I got up some speed on very icy piste and they were majorly unstable. Having saif that, if your lady is not looking to race GS, then they should be fine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies, we went to Millton keynes yesterday in hope of demoing some Miss D skis and ellis bngham had none on demo so she tried the burning luvs and didnt really like them (small slope though so) and the k2 lotta luvs and she really liked these.

We may take another trip up to try the Miss D's when they get some demos in.

Easiski - Have you troied the lotta luvs (wider version) and if so how did you find them in comparison to the Miss D's

Thanks again all, this is a great site for Skiing advice, you all seem to be very experienced which is really handy.

Lee
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy