Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Give me a resort...

Poster: A snowHead
Ideas for a resort please taking into account following factors.

4 people all male in age 29-31
driving out
Arriving March 31st
self catering apartment
Ski standard from 2 weeks to 15 weeks skiing (not bothered about skiing being advanced)
Good night life (live bands etc prefered) but anywhere fairly lively
ease of parking in resort
Good snow at time of year
Easy access to slopes (no buses or long walks)
Good value on pass
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
garethjomo, Carlsberg don't do ski holidays wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, brilliant Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
garethjomo, you'll be lucky. Apart from advanced skiing, what other factors do you NOT need?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well i didn't add lap dancing club to the list
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
garethjomo, you won't get cheap lift passes, but how about Val Thorens?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah been to Val Thorens a few times at easter. Will prob end up going for 4th year out of 5. Was thinking may have been more to easter skiing. Also been to Avoriaz for Easter. Was thinking Alpe dhuez or les deux alpes? These appropriate? How's parking here?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
garethjomo, Snowbombing? It's a week later but good craique http://www.snowbombing.co.uk/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Back in work then. I'm a teacher Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
garethjomo, Parking in ADH is fine I think from my trip there last year although I didn't drive myself. I was in the Bergers area and there seemed to be plenty of parking around and loads of apartments. Fits the bill for most of the other criteria too I would have thought.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gonna have a look online at few apartments there today. Anywhere there i should avoid? Any of the areas miles away from slopes or main areas etc?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
garethjomo, most of the nightlife is in town rather than at les Bergers (about 10 mins walk away). Ours Blanc apts are in the centre of town, all kinds of private lets around as well. Try www.holidayalps.com - B&B or half board, right on top of the Underground bar. Ideal location if nightlife and live music is your thing!

Parking is easy - big car parks at Bergers and next to the church, lots of on-street parking. Gets crowded at peak times, but you can still find spaces.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for that. If i wanted to persuade my friends to go there what could i say. how can i persuade them its better than Val Thorens?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ADH plus points:

-lots of nightlife, quite varied (French, English, noisy youths, chilled evenings, whatever you like)
-ditto restaurants
-days in Serre Che, 2Alpes, Italy included on the pass, get there by car/helicopter (daily service to 2Alpes)
-pass gives access to two pools, ice rink, sports hall
-range of skiing suitable for all your abilities
-good/reasonably priced mountain restaurants accessible to all your group (can all easily meet for lunch etc)
-cinema with English-language films

minus points:
-no trees, if you like that sort of thing (but neither has VT)
-not very pretty (VT a bit architecturally challenged as well)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh, and try this as well:

www.mountain-logistics.net
latest report
Thanks for the help. Will prob book an apartment straight from the Alpe d'Huez website. Choice of hundreds. between 300 and 1000 euros for the week. Standard of apartment dont bother us too much.
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
.........-no trees, if you like that sort of thing ........

I must have been skiing through an optical illusion when I got my injury. I could have sworn that I was skiing though trees above the Montfrais area. wink

My holiday was, of course, cut short, skiing wise. But there also looked to be some pretty good runs down to Vaujany and the villages of Oz.
ski holidays
garethjomo, Deux-Alpes would be good.
snow report
garethjomo, You should definitely consider Les Deux Alpes. You could rent an appartment from several fellow Snowheads too. All are handy for the lifts. The best (supposedly) night life in france, very reasonably priced and mainly north or north east facing so holding very good snow conditions right into late April. If you get a full pass you can get a day in ADH and also Serre Chevalier - we have 220+ kms piste ourselves. The lift pass is not cheap, but it is good value. there is the benefit of a lot of advanced skiing too for the 15 weekers, although you say that's not a priority. Easy journey from Calais/Boulogne. I take 10 hours, but driving alone. Motorway all the way until past Grenoble.

If you want any more info look on my website where there's lots. Also you can look on www.les2alpes.com (Tourist Office) or www.2alpes.com (lift company). PM me if you want to know any more. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Considered there too. Will check out with my fellow ski buddies. Thanks a lot.
ski holidays
garethjomo, I could find you a couple of apartments in ADH, parking, garage, right next to the pistes etc etc etc...!!! PM me if you would like further info and I'll give you the link to my site (although Lizzard kindly mentioned it earlier)
snow conditions
OK thanks. As soon as i clear where we going i will.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy