Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you bought skis off ebay ??

Poster: A snowHead
As some of you will know I'm after a new pair of skis. I tested a pair at the EB ski test and want to buy them. They are available on ebay but I would rather buy them from a local store in case of any problems. Anyone got any experience of buying off ebay and what are your thoughts ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The better question would be:
How many sets of skis have I bought off ebay?
I think maybe 20 pair over time.

Make sure you go through ebay and don't make an offer outside of ebay. The two issues I had were easliy solved because I had the backing of Ebay.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smokin Joe, Ski Bilek have a very good reputation (eBay Sportexpress), I'd have no probs with using them again + the packaging was very well done.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, both bought and sold on eBay without any problems. If you are looking to buy, also use PayPal as added insurance that you won't lose money if the skis don't turn up or don't match the description.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smokin Joe, I tempted to say Buy from your local ski shop on a use or loose it basis!
But e-bay can occaisonally offer real bargains. But so can your local ski shop Confused

By local I mean nearest- ours is in Portsmouth Shocked There are some a little nearer but.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a pair from a german shop on e bay the 'ski keller' or something. Service was excellent and they set them up for me when i gave boot size etc. savd about 150 on prices in this country. Would love to say i bought from a 'local' shop for more expnsive but trying telling that to the mrs just before xmas.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brought my 2nd pair of skis from an Austrian shop on the austrian ebay, had better service off them than I have had off most uk ebayers and a really good price as well! (I brought from someone called ' sportski2000')
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought my Allstars from Canada over ebay. Shipped to my hotel in Switzerland (Yes the Horner does rock NehNeh)

Saved a couple of hundreths compared to the local shops.

Mounting the (rail) bindings was easier then putting together Ikea furniture... how much service do you need ;P
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Won a bid on Ski Bilek yesterday first purchase from them will let you know how it goes.
If all Ok should be excellent bargain won auction for pair of Fischer RX fire for £225.00 + shipping
sell in uk for £500+
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've bought three pairs of skis from Ski Bilek auctions on eBay. Each purchase has been problem free - bindings were set up how I wanted, skis were delivered promptly, and they were exactly as advertised at really great prices.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought my rx8s from ebay with noi problems, from ski bilek
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bought 60cm plastic ski's last week for Frosty junior, very happy with the purchase Very Happy Sold lots of ski's on ebay and been amazed at the prices I've achieved for quite old ski's (described correctly I would add). Several pairs have gone to beginners looking to save money on rental by buying old (early carving) ski's for £40 to £50. Not sure they'll get the full modern (shorter) ski experience as a result but they will certainly save money.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My dad has bought a pair of Head skis off ebay- no problems as far as I know. Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MilliRhead, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought my 1080 salomon thrusters + s810 bindings off of ebay. I saved a lot of money on both items. I paid $300CDN for the skis and $70CDN for the bindings. All I had to pay for was the binding mounting at my local ski shop. I would do this all again if I had too...
snow conditions
I bought skis on ebay, and very happy I am with them too. As long as the seller has a decent rating and you read the description carefully, you should be fine.

Mine are too long for me, but I knew that when I bought them - what I gained was a powder ski that I couldn't justify buying at full price due to lack of pwder days in SW London!
snow report
zammo, cheers - wondered what you had been doing since Grange Hill ! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I've recently been shopping on German eBay and just picked up a set of new 2007 Volkl AC3's + bindings + bindings mounted + matching poles + postage from Germany for £270. For comparision, the same skis (& bindings) are £475 and £489 at EllisBrigham and Snow & Rock). And Slush & Rubble would charge a further £18 to delivery them within the UK (£507 total), nearly twice as much, and that's without the set of poles that are coming from Germany.
OK - so they haven't turned up yet, but seller has 13,494 eBay points, and 99.4% positive feedback, so I guess i can be pretty confident.
snow report
kamikaze, Rip Off Britain strikes again?? You betcha Wink
ski holidays
Bought a pair of 1080's off of EBay apparently used for 1 day, paid £300 including salomon bindings whne they arrived they had major top sheet damage and the bindings were very second hand, all scratched up.
The private seller (through PAYPAL) refused to take them back so had to rely on my credit card company to do the business on the refund....... Then went to my local shop who were excellent, great service and although more expensive the peace of mind element and the free services for the first 2 seasons made a dent in the additional cost...... The seller had good feedback but was a complete **** when it came to sorting it out, bring it on was one of the phrases he used. Suprisingly he is no longer on Ebay wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy