Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Why is it impossible to find binding information on t'internet? - or i do I just need to look harder?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me in the difference between a Rossignol Power 100 binding and a Rossignol Power 120 binding?

Any clues (apart from the different max DIN settings) would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know for sure but I would imagine that is the only difference
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
magicrichard, This years' (according to the Rossi Website) are call Axials (the turntable we all know and love) and the Axiums (no turntable).

I might be (usually am) completly wrong, but I think your Powers are Axiums...if you follow me. AFAIK the Axials only come with a max DIN of 12 and above.

So I don't suppose there is much difference. You should plump for the one which has your binding setting in the middle of the range... so if you ski on 5 or below the -10 will do. 5 or above you'll need the -12.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If they are the same model range, then the difference is the DIN. Was there any particular difference you were looking for?

Ti models use titanium, which makes them lighter.
Wide models have wider brakes.
Jib models use different colours of plastic to make them more appealing to the fashion-conscious.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Fox Smile

Ski, I use mine at around 7.

Here's the thing. I got the skis at a discount, and they said they would put power 120s on, but when they arrived in post, they only had power 100s on. Now i have skied a very similar ski to this before with the Power 100s on DIN 7 for about 6 weeks on snow.. is it completely inadvisable? Is it simply to do with the operating tolerances of the binding?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magicrichard, wouldn't worry about it, as long as 7ish is around the middle of the range.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the only difference is the spring (and the material if it is a Ti version) but at a DIN of 7 the !00 is fine, it used to be that everyone tryed to be in the centre of the spring range, but why do they have a range at all if they have to be in the middle of it, so long as you are in the range there should be no problem

if you has the binding set on 10 and it's limit was 10 then you could argue the point but i see no problem with 7 with a max range of 10
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, David Murdoch, That's what I was hoping Smile

I have been informed from the shop that another difference is a plate between them - but apparently that is more suitable to piste/race skiers - of which I am probably neither..!

CEM, Completely agree about the point of having a range if you are going to ignore it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, does it not work a little like derailleur gears that the outer cogs aren't awfully good when paied with the inner cogs of the other gears if you know what I mean?

Actually thaht's a crap anaology. What I mean to say is, are springs linear like that? i.e. effective force to release/weight is linear to the binding DIN setting?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, the springs are supposed to be linear.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, But springs aren't are they, at least not once you get past the elastic limit. Plus we have feet lengths (and I know these are adjusted for but the DIN adjustment in the binding seems linear) heights, etc.

Don't you reckon that if your binding goes from 4-14 and you're on 4, you might actualy have a stiffer release than if it goes from 1- 8 and you're on 4?

Anyway, who knows, who cares, I'm off for a wee nightcap. Slainte!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch wrote:
Don't you reckon that if your binding goes from 4-14 and you're on 4, you might actualy have a stiffer release than if it goes from 1- 8 and you're on 4?

I agree - that's why most techs will recommend you get bindings where your DIN setting is about the middle of its range, and if possible avoid using the top and bottom 20%.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Your P100's will be fine. Two years ago, I pancaked on a pair of 100's on my 9S-OS's, bending the heal piece. Rossi' replaced the binding with a pair of P120's. Great customer support,, btw. They seem identical,, save the dial face and springs.

I run both bindings at a DIN-7 setting, and they react the same.
Enjoy your new ski's,,
Catmandu
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the words of reassurance Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy