Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Bandit B2 thread...

Poster: A snowHead
Contrary to what some esteemed Snowheads think, I tried some B2's earlier in the year and really really liked them. The question is, what length should I get? I am 5' 10, and 82kg's, and an intermediate (of course Very Happy )
I demo'd them in 166, but was thinking 174 might be more suitable. What do you think guys?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If there was one between the two, I'd say go for that. Failing that, go for the 174, in my (lower intermediate) book.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For what its worth, Im 6ft1 about 70-75 kilos and i loved skiing on the 166s. Just bought a pair today:)
Id imagine the 174s, from what i read might suit you better:)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think your spot on Wear The Fox Hat, 170 would be ideal! Someone else told me that because of the shape of the tip, the "footprint" that touches the snow when turning is shorter then usual, meaning that you would tend to ski them long. Does that make sense?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SteveKirby, that makes sense, but it's not that big a deal with the B2.
I'm a bit taller and heavier than you (but not much). My skis range from 170cm on piste, 174cm twin tip on piste, and 179cm twin tip off piste.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
element, What size did you buy?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought 166s but would have prefered 170s if they were available, but seeing youre a little heavier from what i read the longer ones might suit you better. Im a bit of a lanky sort.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
.......I'm a bit....heavier than you (but not much).....

Yeh right wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
element & SteveKirby, don't forget to wax the $h1t out of your new toys when you get them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone, any other B2 owners got an opinion?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me, 98kgs, 6' tall, use a pair of 176s (previous generation). I tried 182 but they felt a bit long for me.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SteveKirby wrote:

yep go for B3's wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
SteveKirby wrote:

yep go for B3's wink

This man speaks the truth. Don't waste your time with B2s. Get B3s, if they are the same lengths then you *could* get away with the shorter skis but you'll prefer having a little more length in the future.
latest report
Quote:

but you'll prefer having a little more length in the future.

Makes all the sifference I find Toofy Grin
snow report
B3 in 174 Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm 5'10 and 80kg so almost exactly the same as you. I've got B2s and prefer 166 to 174. Found 174 just a bit too long for me. i tried both sizes and the longer ones just didn't see as responsive as the shorter ones. But that could be my sking style. (which is far from perfect!)
ski holidays
I'm 5'6 and 67 kg and was planning on 158
snow report
174 minimum, if you go any shorter get a more dedicated piste ski.
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Quote:

but you'll prefer having a little more length in the future.

Makes all the sifference I find Toofy Grin

More of a girth man myself, but both helps. Wink

So B3s in 174 then.
snow report
SteveKirby, I'm approx same height but heavier than you and for what it's worth, I skiied on both B2 & B3 (174 in length) the season just gone and out of the two, I prefered the B3. A little bit more effort on the piste but still performed reasonably well but a hell of a lot better in the soft stuff.
snow conditions
I bought B2s two years ago. I with I'd bought a longer size. Like JT says, if you want a shorter ski, go for a dedicated piste ski. If you buy the B2s too short, they will be more difficult to use off piste IMV.
latest report
[keyboardslip]170cm Head iM72[/keyboardslip]
snow conditions
I've got the older style in 170cm. I'm 75kg and they seem to suit me fine. I'd go for the 174's if I were you, although if you enjoy popping off piste the B3's are more suitable IMHO.
latest report
FenlandSkier,
Quote:

Me, 98kgs, 6' tall, use a pair of 176s (previous generation). I tried 182 but they felt a bit long for me.

Put yer other foot on the scales as well Wink
snow report
My H tried B2's and B3's and much preferred and bought the B3's. In fact he bought them along with another couple of people, one of them a snowHead and they all LOVE them!
latest report
185cm and 85kg - so a lightweight compared to some here Madeye-Smiley

I bought the 176 B2's 2 years ago, best ski I've had by far - I am not going to start looking for a replacement yet especially as it's new boot time this year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just bought my 2nd pair of B2's,, so I guess it is pretty clear that I am a fan. Both pairs are 160's. I chose this because I ski 70% on piste, and enjoy a tight turning radius (13m,, I think). I find they go everywhere that I normally ski, really well. Even the terrrain park, and bumps. I guess I am about 5'7", 80kg, and an advanced skier. Perhaps if I was skiing more off-piste, I would look to a B3. But for now,, I am very happy with my B2's.
enjoy !!
Catmandu
ski holidays
B3
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, wider Toofy Grin
B3
latest report