Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best apres ski ???

Poster: A snowHead
Gonna be going on a budget in feb with somebody who has never skied before and likes a late lively drink or 2, have been to pas de la casa, and sauze quite sometime ago and wondered where the best place might be nowdays.
Sauze d'Oulx was once described to me as the "benidorm of skiing". That it wasn't, but thats what I'm after if get what I mean.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2Alpes can be fairly Blackpool, if that appeals.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paul692, I think it's got to be Austria.

I don't know what on a budget means for you but I have been to both Solden and Ischgl - they are both much more lively than anything I have seen elsewhere (including pas de la casa).

I hear good things about St Anton and Saalbach too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paul692, Austria for me Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paul692, welcome to snowheads, for apres ski the best I've found has to be St Anton, although every Austrian I've met tells me that Ischgl is even livelier. In France, Chamonix gets my vote for lively apres ski, with a good selection of bars. ADH isn't too bad either.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 11-10-06 18:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax, I agree St Anton gets the vote, although there are many others in Austria. I recall that Saas Fee was not too bad with an icebar on the main street ( 1999 ). And Zell am Zell with the Berghotel on top of the mountain at 3:30pm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not been to St anton, but Solden is very lively.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paul692, the closest I have ever been to what it sounds as though you're after is [url=http://www.deapresskihut.nl/]
De Apres Ski Hutte in Rotterdam[/url]. S*d all snow or skiing but a highly entertaining evening. You may wish to rehearse with their lyric sheet and songbook first. I mean, if it's Benidorm on skis you want - who cares about the skiing?

And if you really want to ski, there's a snowdome somewhere in Holland isn't there, not such a big country and a great train system...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Useful guide to French resort [url=http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/cview?codes=bars/*] bars is here [/url]
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Austria - Saalbach
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Useful guide to French resort [url=http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/cview?codes=bars/*] bars is here [/url]

St Anton isn't in France!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My scouse mate raves about Zermatt - I'll tell you on new years eve Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ssnowman wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

St Anton isn't in France!

are you sure wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jerry, Zermatt is great for Apres Very Happy

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=249601&highlight=midget+zermatt#249601
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IncogSkiSno, Looks great, and the scouse bloke in question features heavily in that thread so I'll be there with someone who knows the place Very Happy
snow report
Jerry, not too long to go now matey. Betty Ford awaits you Wink
snow report
Im going to LDA for my apres this year!
snow conditions
Ischgl wins hands down ... the others mentioned pale into relative insignificance.
latest report
Austria's definately the place to go, the french just don't embrace the concept as much!

Saalbach rocks - there's a great bar at the top of the nursury slopes with live bands each night.

St Johann was also pretty cool too.
snow report
Anywhere the Germans & Dutch go your get good Apres Ski Very Happy
ski holidays
5stitches,
Quote:

Saalbach rocks - there's a great bar at the top of the nursury slopes with live bands each night.

Pleased to hear it, I'm going to Saalbach for the 1st time in January, then back to St Anton in March Wink
ski holidays
stanton, exactly, Rotterdam!
snow report
paul692, I loved Soll and Zell am See for Apres Ski

In Soll - great atmosphere in the stadl stade after a hard day on the slopes and an Austrian Bar at the very bottom of the slope full of mad Germans - can't remember it's name but I had lost my hearing and voice by the time we stumbled out of it. snowHead

Zell am See - crazy daisy is pretty cool

We went one day to Saalbach - didn't get to try the apres ski but there was a great selection of bars and restaurants.

Worst apres ski - Lake Louise but it was pretty early in the season.
ski holidays
Austria is famed for it's apres ski. Have a look at the following resorts:

Soll has great apres ski - a choice of live bands some nights, the Whiskey Muhle (legendary in itself) and all night drinking if you want it (members of our group regularly staggered home at sunrise!). Soll offers good value for money regarding hotels and eating and drinking.

Saalbach is a fanstastic resort and my favourtite skiing wise. Apres ski is good, especially 'straight off the slopes' apres ski but I think Soll was better for late night apres ski. Saalbach is a bit more expensive.

Zell am Zee and Mayrhofen are also pretty lively - on a par with Soll but bigger resorts. We also found Mayrhofen good value.

Kitzbuhel has great apres ski both early and late night so you can't go far wrong with this resort. The skiing isn't bad either!

As for learning to ski, well all the above would be fine. Saalbach offers the best access to the slopes - less than 5 mins to 3 lifts from the centre.

It is a 5-10 minute walk to the nursery slopes from the centre of Soll and about the same for Kitzbuhel.

Mayrhofen is the least accessible of the resorts with no skiing back to the resort itself so you rely on the main gondola. Don't let that put you off though. If you time it right you can avoid the queues and it offers great skiing.
ski holidays
Another vote for Ischgl from Guvnor - particuarly the Trofana Alm, in a word, mental.....
latest report
Charlatanefc wrote:
5stitches,
Quote:

Pleased to hear it, I'm going to Saalbach for the 1st time in January, then back to St Anton in March Wink

Can I suggest Saalbach in January, and St Anton in March. Both will be rockin'
snow report
Solden has a lap dancers bar, doesn't it..?
snow conditions
St Anton Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guvnor, I agree - The Trofana Alm is by far the most 'mental' apres venue I have been to.

The Schatzi (sp?) is also an eye-opener!
ski holidays
Charlatanefc,

Ask for Maria at the KK..they'll know what you mean....!!!!!! wink
latest report
stephen bleakley wrote:
Guvnor, I agree - The Trofana Alm is by far the most 'mental' apres venue I have been to.

The Schatzi (sp?) is also an eye-opener!

the Trofana Alm is indeed pretty special

Also have recently discovered the one on the other side of town by the bridge, near the big car park with the DJ with the wigs and antlers .. that's pretty good fun aswell and has a kind of covered terrace bit to chill when you want to get away from the mayhem.

Don't know the Schatzi though .. do tell !!
ski holidays
RichA, it's the Ice Bar below the Hotel Madlein (near that 'big car park').

Some photos from their website

http://www.ischglmadlein.com/fotoalbum/album.pl?lang=en&userid=&action=show_album&id=20
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Little Angel We only booked cos we thought they were nice quiet places Wink

JT, hmm, enlighten me por favor Laughing

Anyone that remembers the Underground in St Anton, will no doubt remember Joan??? One of my pals was in there one night, and Joan was apologising to him for something (food being cold or some such rubbish), when she asked "if there's anything I can do to make it up to you?". My mate Dave (of the fetching one piece on my site in my sig) answered back, quick as a flash: "I suppose sex would be out of the question" Wink

He had people all over town that night congratulating him for the comment Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
stephen bleakley wrote:
RichA, it's the Ice Bar below the Hotel Madlein (near that 'big car park').

Some photos from their website

http://www.ischglmadlein.com/fotoalbum/album.pl?lang=en&userid=&action=show_album&id=20

looks remarkably similar to the bar in the Hotel Elizabeth ... at least the girls do !!

think my memory might be playing tricks with me wrt hotel names and they are in fact one and the same !!
ski holidays
RichA, you are right - the Madlein is next door along.
To be honest I wasn't thinking about the hotels too much at the times I was there!

In fact, the girls work in Schatzi (in the Elizabeth Hotel) for the apres and then move on to Pacha (in the Madlein hotel) for the early hours.
latest report
stephen bleakley, shame there's nothing like that Below Bar eh ??

I'm heading down the Forest this weekend actually ... not expecting anything like that though !!
latest report
Charlatanefc,

I can't spoil it but if you ask for her she is normally about around 18:00 or so... and you'll probalby have to cancel any dinner plans but then that is the whole point of the KK isn't it..?
latest report
JT, sounds like a plan Wink
snow report
I was to pissed to remember sauze back in 2002, However St Anton was manic. Likewise I have heard that Ichgl is "very lively indeed" .
ski holidays
Anyone else met Maria..? Been there ages...1st came across her in 1991, she is a legend..surely...!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy