Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for snowboard wear?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My current jacket (Helly Hansen) & trousers (Oakley) are getting a bit past their best.

Ideally I'm after something breathable, but not too expensive (as I'm a northerner).

Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssnowman, TKMaxx and buy wot fits. http://www.tkmaxx.com/index.asp there are plenty up your way.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque wrote:
ssnowman, TKMaxx and buy wot fits. http://www.tkmaxx.com/index.asp there are plenty up your way.

I went there, but they only had Trespass & d2b, which I didn't like.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman, There are a couple of dozen up your way and they don't all carry the same gear . . . go shopping.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
ssnowman, There are a couple of dozen up your way and they don't all carry the same gear . . . go shopping.

That's the problem, I don't like shopping. I've already taken wifey shopping to Brent X this morning & I've had enough now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ssnowman, being a cheap booger and wanting a 'personal shopper' are mutually exclusive ya'idle git . . . Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually, I don't want cheap, just reasonable value. I don't mind paying up to £200 for a jacket & £100 or so for trousers, but I would expect them to be breathable at this price.

Am I being unrealistic?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go for Helly Hanson jackets and Oakley trousers.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssnowman, I've just been to 'The Maxx' and picked up a pair of sweet, coffee-brown Surfanic boarding trousers for £30 (check out www.surfanic.com for info - the site goes live this week). They fit my beer belly great, are super warm and are just nice trousers with loads of room and a padded back bottom!!

I'm going on my first boarding hol in Jan so didn't want to shell out too much. I have these trousers and will be using my Mountain Equipment Makula Jacket, which is absolutely ace for just £99. It's Gore-Tex and is windproof, as I found when I've worn it sitting watching people fish in the middle of winter for my job as a photographer. Check out http www.gooutdoors.co.uk for more info. I'm of average size in the torso and went with an XL, which means a fleece and a set of thermals can be worn without leaving you feeling like you're too constricted. I'd definitely recommend it as a genarl jacket for all sorts.

TK Maxx has some awesome Nike ACG boarding stuff in and loads of D2B and H/H stuff, plus Columbia kit.

Hope this helps

Spesh:D
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Specialman, thanks, I think I'll have to check out TK Maxx again. Especially if they have HH stuff.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Burton, Bonfire, and westbeach do some pretty good budget - mid range jackets and trousers.
Check em out on the snowboard assylum website, or snow and rock.
I don't generally like the gear stocked in TKMaxx.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ssnowman, TK Maxx is a it of a lottery at times but here in Rugby (not the biggest one I've been to) there's a rake of cool orange and yellow H/H stuff - they even have 'urban' camo-style stuff that's quite cool. Expect to pay about £30-£40 for a set of Columbia or H/H pants and between £40-£70 for a jacket... just don't take the missus or you're credit card will take a bashing like mine did yesterday!!!! Laughing

If you want mega Gore-Tex stuff then you have to check Gooutdoors - it's ace!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As all the guys have said above......TK's rocks...... If you've got 6 hours to trawl through the dross

Moab pants @£120 elswhere for £29.99. Very Happy Very Happy
Ski socks 3 pairs for a fiver Smile

ssnowman,
Also, have you a ski warehouse near you? we have one in Cas' near us.

Got a beautiful dark green Gortex Parka (burton) for £99.99 Very Happy Very Happy the website( i think) skiwear4less.co.uk or could be .com

They have some really cool ripcurl stuff at the moment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulm, Last year I got some Themalite socks for £4 from TKM, now I wish I'd bought a few more pairs as they're really comfy. Like everyone says though you need to spend some time, I went in the other day and just couldn't be bothered. I might go back tomorrow lunchtime though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ssnowman, I recently got some Oneil boarding trousers from TKMax, only £39.99 and they are great, very comfortable and breathable. Worth a look if youve got the time to siv through the racks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy