Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Win Tickets to the Metro Ski Show.

Poster: A snowHead

The Metro Ski Show is on at London's Olympia next week and we've got ten pairs of tickets to give away. So, in the traditional stylee, we've made up a competition to get them.
Try to answer this question::
... "When is snowHeads' Birthday?"
PM Admin with your efforts.
The first 10 plausible answers get a pair of tickets each.

BTW. Here's the bumph that the nice lady at the Ski Show's PR company wanted u to see
Hypemeisters wrote:
Running for its 34th year from 18th – 22nd October 2006 at London’s Grand Hall Olympia, the METRO Ski and Snowboard Show features more live action than ever before, catering for all aspects of winter sports.

From checking out the top boarders and skiers whilst listening to XFM DJs playing the latest music in the Boardroom, to scaling the Crystal Ice Climbing Wall for the perfect view of the World Resorts Village, you can get the low-down on everything snow related. The old favourites are all present and correct alongside the Dare2Be Teaching Slope where you can learn to ski and board like a pro. There is also a crèche to look after the kids while you enjoy the delights of the Men’s Health and Zest Fitness Zone and Board Art Gallery or see what you really must wear this season at the Brand Showcase and Fashion Show.

Topping this year’s bill will be the awe inspiring Trespass Quarter Pipe. A new addition to the show, this will see the worlds’ best alongside precocious newcomers dropping 20ft into an unforgiving pipe to perform gravity defying twists, turns and ten – eighty’s.

If you’re not lucky enough to win then get your tickets from:

Advance Ticket Hotline – 08705 90 00 90
www.metroskishow.co.uk
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geri, you're supposed to PM him!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wrong. The question's in the present tense
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

"When is snowHeads' Birthday?"

Mine's not until January Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, oops! Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a trick question. Snowheads' birthday was a unique event ... in the past ... but it has an anniversary.

Admin keeps the tickets!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okay - I deleted geri... probably should have edited...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Clue: Hoppo deleted the wrong answer
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hoppo, I tried & it wouldnt delete!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
geri, you can edit but not delete wink I can edit and delete...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
... while serving drinks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll give you some toffo's and a shoelace for them! C'mon you wont get a better deal than that!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have the winners been announced yet? snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I entered and am desperate for tickets!! So that I can meet Wear The Fox Hat, at last...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Finaly we have 10 correct(ish) answers.

Officially snowHeads birthday is the 5th of Feb.
"Aah but I was away skiing"..."aah but I wasn't a member then"... So, how could u have known?
The memberlist Shows the first users (me and me) registered on the 5th and an impressive 19 new members the following day - headed up by mr 'Helter Skelter' Mark Hunter.
But for accuracy, you can see here exactly when the board was started.

However, one or two smart alecs, checked our Whois entry and found that snowHeads.com was registered on the 6th Feb and whilst I think this could quite fairly be argued as the day of snowHeads 'christening' rather than it's birthday, I feel their ingenuity and effort deserves reward all the same!

So, The Winners are:
  • snowshine
  • wtfh
  • geri
  • cathy
  • bladeskier
  • Saxabar
  • magicrichard
  • Mouth
  • fatbob
  • Michelle

• Congratulations!

If any of you only need/want one ticket, there are a few snowHeads out there who would like the other, so let me know.
    Would you all enter your http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/addE.php here please so I can send them to u.
    If your address is already entered, hit the 'confirm' button pls.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 13-10-06 8:35; edited 1 time in total
    snow report
    admin wrote:
    However, one or two smart alecs, checked our Whois entry and found that snowHeads.com was registered on the 6th Jan

Did you have a premonition about MO day?
    latest report
    Woohoo!

(are the tickets valid for Saturday, or only weekdays? - if it's just weekdays, then please pass mine on to someone else)
    ski holidays
    Alastair wrote:
    admin wrote:
    However, one or two smart alecs, checked our Whois entry and found that snowHeads.com was registered on the 6th Jan

Did you have a premonition about MO day?
    Actually we fooled you all!! snowHeads was planned all along as a means to root out dissenters and clean out some of the riff-raff from The Ski Club (which should henceforth be known as "The Club")

Sorry, typo - it was late Embarassed
    snow conditions
    Woohooo! Thank you admin! Toofy Grin
    ski holidays
    Yay, thank you admin!
    snow report
    admin, many thanks !
    snow report
    Alastair wrote:

Did you [admin] have a premonition about MO day?

admin wrote:
    Actually we fooled you all!! snowHeads was planned all along as a means to root out dissenters and clean out some of the riff-raff from The Ski Club (which should henceforth be known as "The Club")

I thought this was a really interesting question, and a fun answer.

When a volcano is about to erupt there can be signs of seismic activity, and one gets the impression that a few people sensed that a shut-out might occur. At least three 'renegade SCGB' forums seem to have been planned. The SCGB forum was generating a huge amount of discussion, a tiny proportion of which was sensitive to (or critical of) those who controlled the Club. Given the Club's interest in controlling its public image the pulling of the plug was not that surprising, though its suddenness was stunning.

The interesting comparison is that the SCGB forum pre-Feb-2004 had no moderation at all (unless my memory's defective). snowHeads is more fully endowed, and protected!
    snow report
    Wahoo! I've never won a competition before snowHead
    Are they available to be used on any day, admin?
    ski holidays
    Quote:

and did those folks stay at the The Club or come to SnowHeads
    latest report
    Michelle,
    If they're not, there's a discounted £10.50 rate for Saturday or £7.50 rate for Thursday and Friday:
    http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?CATID=96786&PRODID=458865399
    LastMinute still have a 2for1 offer for the opening day (Wednesday).
    snow report
    Michelle, I've just checked and they are weekday tickets: - I hope that's OK.

If that's a problem for anyone, please PM Admin
    snow report
    admin, Thank you !! What day are they for?
    latest report
    geri, any weekday - ie Wed, Thu or Fri

Opening Times are:
    Wednesday to Friday 11.00 - 21.30
    Saturday 10.00 - 20.00
    Sunday 10.00 - 18.00
    snow report
     You know it makes sense.
    You know it makes sense.
    Mouth wrote:
    I entered and am desperate for tickets!! So that I can meet Wear The Fox Hat, at last...

Hat's coming on Saturday (I believe) ... but you don't need a ticket for the pub over the road!
    ski holidays
    David Goldsmith wrote:
    Mouth wrote:

Hat's coming on Saturday (I believe) ... but you don't need a ticket for the pub over the road!

Well, she doesn't need a ticket to get in the pub, but if she doesn't have a ticket to see me, she may have to join the waiting list...
    ski holidays
    Thanks admin

Address updated
    snow report
    Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
    ... if she doesn't have a ticket to see me, she may have to join the waiting list...

I think he's talking about a hat ticket
    ski holidays
    admin wrote:
    geri, any weekday - ie Wed, Thu or Fri

Opening Times are:
    Wednesday to Friday 11.00 - 21.30
    Saturday 10.00 - 20.00
    Sunday 10.00 - 18.00

Great - we'll be there Thurs pm/eve! Very Happy
    snow report
    Woohoo...missed this earlier due to the activity that shall not be named. I won something! Thanks admin snowHead
    ski holidays
    [edited again for misspelling of repetition]

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 14-10-06 9:53; edited 2 times in total
    ski holidays
    Quote:
    However, one or two smart alecs, checked our Whois entry and found that snowHeads.com was registered on the 6th Feb and whilst I think this could quite fairly be argued as the day of snowHeads 'christening' rather than it's birthday, I feel their ingenuity and effort deserves reward all the same!

Laughing
    latest report
    Anybody else thinking about going on Thursday?
    ski holidays
    admin wrote:
    Michelle, I've just checked and they are weekday tickets: - I hope that's OK.

[nodding dog impression] Oh yes [/nodding dog impression] Very Happy
    snow report
    Linds, I am now!! e-mail on it's way.
    snow conditions
    Winners, please enter/confirm your http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/addE.php so I can send them to u
    latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy