Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR ALL-INCLUSIVE TRIP FROM US TO WHEREVER....

Poster: A snowHead
hi, hoping some of you out there can help. I am just a mom, not a snowboarder... my two sons, 18 and 20, are snowboarders. For Christmas, I would love to give them a trip to go snowboarding, but... a] i want this to be a surprise so I cant really ask them too much and b] I have no clue about anything to do with snowboarding... Little Angel

Do any of you have any suggestions? would like to find some kind of trip that would include everything they needed [flight, accommodations, travel to and from airport or wherever, meals, lift/slope passes] since I am not sure what all is needed. Would fly from TN, USA. They have mentioned New Zealand, but it actually could be anywhere i think as long as there was snow, LOL..... Any ideas?

I have looked at some postings but I am confused more than ever as to what would be good....

Thanks for any help/tip/advice/suggestions in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snichols, Welcome to snowHeads....... snowHead

I am sure you will find plenty of of suggestions here - some idea of what standard your sons board at would be helpful. How many weeks?/How good are they? Is it just both of them that will be travelling? In Europe most of the Travel Package costs are based on two sharing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snichols, do want to give them a trip *travelling" at Xmas or just an Xmas present to be taken at any time? If the former, then NZ will be no good as it's their summer Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Recommend booking for mid-Jan rather than actual Chrizbit - cheaper, better snow conditions. All the UK tour ops do all-bells-and-whistles trips, but not sure about flights from the US - you may have to book them a flight into (eg) London and then connect with one of the operator's charters to mainland Europe. You might get a cheap US/UK flight from an operator with a US programme if you're booking the European trip with them - try Crystal, Inghams, Neilson, Skiworld.

For boarding, suggest 2Alpes - sells itself as a good boarders resort, big snowpark, lots of young people. Look at Crystal, Skiworld, First Choice, TOPS, Neilson.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This seems to be a mainly uk board but I can't see why they would want to leave us/canada - some of the best boarding is there. In terms of resorts take a look at www.wtss.co.uk which gives you short review of all resorts. the "build a shortlist" function lets you say stuff like 'good for boarding, 'convieneient', 'good nightlife' and then gives you all the resorts worldwide that match - got to be a good start!

I'm sure one of our US based members could recommend a tour operator based in the US Wink

aj xx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry all - i should have been more specific. I want to give them this as a Christmas gift for travel some time in Carolina only, they have never been anywhere else to snowboard. They have talked about going different places and since teenagers are so hard to buy for, i figured this would be something they would actually enjoy. I have heard them mention CO, UT and then they were talking about New Zealand. They would be going alone [they are very independent...too independent for me at times <G>].

Nothing fancy - as long as they had snow, some food and a place to sleep - I just want them somewhere safe, and meals included because i would worry about them eating, LOL. Nothing real expensive. No definite plans. I would say a week, about all I could afford.

thanks for all the help!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snichols, I've suggested this to others but why not give them a home made voucher for a snow holiday of their choice up to an amount you specify? Then a) they get the "present" at Xmas, b) they get to go where they want within (financial) reason and c) you get rid of the headache for yourself Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snichols wrote:
Sorry all - i should have been more specific. I want to give them this as a Christmas gift for travel some time in Carolina only, they have never been anywhere else to snowboard. They have talked about going different places and since teenagers are so hard to buy for, i figured this would be something they would actually enjoy. I have heard them mention CO, UT and then they were talking about New Zealand. They would be going alone [they are very independent...too independent for me at times <G>].

Nothing fancy - as long as they had snow, some food and a place to sleep - I just want them somewhere safe, and meals included because i would worry about them eating, LOL. Nothing real expensive. No definite plans. I would say a week, about all I could afford.

thanks for all the help!
whoops! a sentence got deleted...
"travel some time in January, February or even March. They have been snowboarding for 4-5 years, but only in TN and North Carolina."

I apologize - didnt realize this was mainly a UK board... I just typed in google when i was searching and ran across this site.

thanks again
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eng_ch wrote:
snichols, do want to give them a trip *travelling" at Xmas or just an Xmas present to be taken at any time? If the former, then NZ will be no good as it's their summer Smile

see updated post - sorry i wasnt very specific, thanks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snichols,

What is against you at the moment is the exchange rate, if you want to consider Europe.
I'm more likely guessing here but I would think $1000 per head would be the type of thing you are looking at (minimum) for anywhere outside your state.

But if you wait a while there might be some peeps along who can put that sort of price in context for you as their experience of North American skiing is more recent.

If I where you I would be thinking of contributing to a fund that they can top up and go anywhere the budget stretched to...
In Europe the must-do's for kids that age would be St Anton, Zermatt, Val D'Isere and Chamonix. Thats not to say they are the most suitable...in some ways they are...but maximun kudos points for their age group across the pond.

Other notables would be Utah based out of SLC or Whistler BA.

Just a start... One thing you will get here....is someone, somewhere that knows a trick or two about these things... I think
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our club The World Tour – Travel Adventure Club has some great trips to Europe. All are out of Boston & New York (France has Washing Dulles option).

Our trips include Flights, Transfers, Hotel, Breakfast and Dinner. Airline taxes/fuel surcharges and lift tickets are additional. We offer lift tickets (many options) before we depart and get a club discount. So I guess you could consider our trips “all inclusive”.

Switzerland, Engelberg: Jan. 4-12 - $1,395 - College winter break
France, Three Valleys: Feb. 2-10 - $1,395 – Slope side in World’s Largest Ski/Snowboard Area
Italy, Aosta Valley: Feb. 17-25 - $1,195 - February Vacation / President’s week
Austria, Gastein: Mar. 9-17 & 16-24 - $1,250 - Spring break for some

We are a club, so we travel as a group and should be great value, however packages are are fixed, you have to arrange for any add on flights, etc. Your sons are welcome to join us so long as we have space. We have a lot of teenagers and college kids on our trips. Check out our web site for details.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TheWorldTour, are you a commercial operation, or a non-profit making club?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TheWorldTour and I have had a discussion, the club is volunteer run. I'm happy with his posting as it stands - it does address someone's direct request.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hoppo, fair enough. I had wondered about them previously......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Hoppo,

We are a club. We do skiing/snowboarding, Scuba & sightseeing trips along with lots of parties! We are run by volunteers.

Thanks
Smile
latest report
Hoppo, volunteer run club with a $50 a year per person annual subscription?
It may be a "club", but I don't think you could assign "non-profit making" to the title!
(Kinda like another Ski Club we know of in Great Britain...)
snow report
snichols, yuo could have a look at "Club Med". They're a French tour operator (not really a club) but offer all inclusive trips from within Europe. The advantage being that they include everything, all food, instruction if required, guiding, and might be good from the point of view of looking out for your two. They have an operation in Avoriaz, France which as a resort markets itself to snowboarders.

Maybe they do - check out www.clubmed.us
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy