Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't be doing with 7days of potato stew

Poster: A snowHead
I agree. That's the wurst information to date.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schinken mit ei = ham and egg (almost bacon and egg)

Rosti (should be a double dot over the o (pronounced more like rursti) - potato sauteed (I think in bacon fat?) with bits of bacon and onion. Sometimes 'mit ei' (with an egg on top)
Erbsensuppe (pea soup) - often mit wurst (frankfurter in this case). And as the ice perv, said: Gulaschsuppe - a great hearty soup, (nearly a stew) for lunch.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 17-10-06 11:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For vegetarians, Gemuseplatte is a plate of vegetables.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GERMKNODEL a yeast dumpling with plum jam inside best with custard and poppy seeds on top
Not sure my description quite describes it right but it’s my favourite for lunch
One between two would do if you are not a hungry hog
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I like weinerschnitzel, but I can't spell it.

WTFH Brits often get the order of "i" and "e" in German words wrong. Just for the record:

Wien (pronounced Veen) = German for Vienna

Wein (pronounced Vine) = German for wine (which I'm sure you were thinking of! Toofy Grin )

On the same theme, the common German wine grape is spelt Riesling (not Reisling) and so correct pronunciation is Reesling.

Here ends German for Beginners part 1 Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Garfield, My favourite... looks like a snowball covered in fag ash surrounded by custard. Looking forward to one in January.

Definitely not for lunch if you plan skiing atferwards...

My worst ever Austrian meal - herringschmaus...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother wrote:
Garfield, My favourite... looks like a snowball covered in fag ash surrounded by custard. .

What is it?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hibernia, sorry - thats a GERMKNODEL.., as described by Garfield
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother, ........that's not a Germknodel...not as we know it....that's a small bit of a Germknodel...!!!

When the 'Banhoff' was open in St. Anton they served a 2 kilo version of that...!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can you get Tartiflette in Austria Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has 'Speck' changed - I remember a very difficult meal staying with a family years ago when I was faced with a very large thick slab of cold 'Speck' - smoked pork which was 90% fat and a bit of lean - seen as a delicacy but to a non-lard lover the struggle I had to be polite and eat it stays with me to this day Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother wrote:
Garfield, My favourite... looks like a snowball covered in fag ash surrounded by custard. Looking forward to one in January.

Definitely not for lunch if you plan skiing atferwards...

Not sure one in a weeks skiing would do me though I some times go for Kaiserschmarrn mit Apfelmus for a change ( big chopped pancake with apple sauce ) Probably one of the reasons I favour Austria for my hols.
I may be a hog but I would not have a main course at the same time
Its true you may have to ski till the last lift of the day to burn them off though
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ahhhh fantastic, cheers guys! And no, not a problem with raisins here either wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love raisins - so sounds good to me. Last time I spent any reasonable time in Austria I also loved the dumplings in the soup. That was a long time ago though, so I will be rectifying this trying out St Anton in January. Unfortunately now though I don't eat meat - so are there any of these culinary delights that DON'T contain bits of dead pig (or other animal)? Don't really want to be eating pickled cabbage (or reeking of garlic soup)all week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stoatsbrother wrote:
snowball covered in fag ash surrounded by custard. Looking forward to one in January.

Gulp
ski holidays
snowball, don't worry... you will be roasted and stuffed with plum jam first.
snow conditions
GrahamN, in Austrian cuisine, the pig, and all it's products are generally viewed as a type of vegetable.
snow conditions
Kramer, thanks rolling eyes , I thought it had to be something like that! Sad Laughing
ski holidays
Just remember in German w is pronounced like v, and v more like f. Sch is like sh, and ch like the ch in the scottish "loch". O with two dots over it is like the ur in hurt, not sounding the r but spoken with lips a bit like you are saying oo.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy