Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old ski photos....very old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody give me very clear step-by-step instructions as to how to get old photos onto snowheads? You are going to have to assume a low level on computer geekery...I'm a user not an abuser!

I was up in the loft last night, the first evening in what will be a long process of trying to de-hoard ourselves.

I found two old albums:

1947:
My mother skiing in Cortina in the British Army Championships

My Grandmother and family skiing at Mount Kosciusko (Australia). Great snow! Roads for horses cut into the snow which was up to their backs. Huge long skis with enormous tips, single long poles. Men in plus fours and women in long skirts. I've read that the first recreational ski club was founded there and my family were among the founder members.

The fascinating thing is that there were some photos that we have all taken...lying in the snow on your back with ski tails dug into the snow, tips in tha air. Same pose in 1914, 1947 and probably 2007!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, is David Goldsmith in any of them? Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you have access to a scanner? You will need one of these to scan the photograph into your computer, which is the first step in the process. Once you have done this (save the photo as a 'jpeg' file) create an account on snowHeads media server and follow the on-screen instructions for uploading photos - it's very straightforward.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll have to ask my Aunt as she is the only person who can identify some of the faces from 1914.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I look forward to seeing them.
Perhaps we should have an area for early photos - I have these from my father in the early and mid 1930s (that most people have seen already) on one of my snowMedia files.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, excellent photos, hadn't seen them before. You could do a good line in nostalgic PCs. Look forward to rungsp's.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 10-10-06 11:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp, this may interest you too. An old Verbier photo. Sadly our chalet is being obscured by the chalet in the foreground on the left...

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, any luck with finding someone or somewhere with a scanner (I assume you don't have one or your photos would be on here by now).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy