Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice for where to book for December 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post and I am looking for some advice please.

I am looking for accomodation for 22nd / 23rd December 2012 for one week. We could go later but I don't want to pay new year prices and the idea is to go skiing not partying. This could be a chalet or appartment, or even a hotel.

The criteria is family of 3, we all ski, and 2 dogs (think very small Chihuahua size - and they don't ski) and this is the bit that limits choice.

Snowsure is a must.

I am looking for something close to the lifts and local amenities. My wife likes to take a day off from skiing so needs something to occupy her.

In the past few years we have skied in Austria / Southern Germany but thought we would try somewhere different this year like France or Switzerland.

We would drive but are fully kitted up with winter tyres and snow chains.

Suggestions are welcome from anyone who knows of a good resort / accomodation or who has accommodation available that fits the bill.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deutschski, welcome to snowheads. snowHead No specific suggestions, but don't forget - no such thing as "snowsure" at Christmas, unless there's a glacier. These days, most places have a lot of snowmaking capacity - but that only works if it's cold enough.

I think a lot of French apartments allow pets (judging by the droppings left around - picking up after your dog seems to be a rather British habit!).

You're dead right about going the Christmas week rather than New Year - certainly in France it's noticeably less busy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I totally agree with your comment about snowsure, and I have looked at various high level resorts but cannot make my mind up. I am really clueless when it comes to French resorts so any advice is really welcome
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zermatt or Saas fee..had great snow there in december many times..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
deutschski, pretty well ALL resorts will hope to be fully open that week, and most years, they are. I wouldn't get set on going high, necessarily - it can be cold and bleak if you're high up at that chilly time of year. Also the high resorts such as Tignes are purpose built and not exactly charming. If you are based somewhere with access to higher altitude skiing you might get the best of both worlds. Les Gets is a good resort, not exactly a traditional village but more attractive than many, but with easy access (particularly with a car) to Avoriaz. The wider Portes du Soleil ski area is enormous, varied and offers something for all kinds of skiers.

Switzerland is expensive because of the exchange rate. France would presumably be cheaper for you, if you are based in Germany.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy