Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel stopovers Troyes to Dijon

Poster: A snowHead
Any good suggestions of hotels to stop at on the way to the Alps, thinking somewhere between about Troyes & Dijon? Would prefer reasonably secure parking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowyjon, There are several at Troyes, but you have to turn off the motorway. There's a big motel at Beaune south of Dijon and one just after the turn off to the new motorway just at Dijon (don't remember any more details - it's a bu**er - I find it's either too soon, or too late, especially in winter when it's dark.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowyjon, look for a Campanile (www.campanile.fr) loads down the autoroute. I usually use www.logis-de-france.fr, although most of these are off the motorway too, many of them have a restaurant.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I spent several summers as a van driver for a camping company, driving all over Europe and staying in hotels during out-of-season periods - I always ignored the motorway chain places and headed straight for 'centre ville' and the independent 2* hotels. You get cheaper prices, friendly service, access to better food, and if I could park a 14 cubic metre Renault Master you'll have no trouble with a car.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Starting a new day from Dijon leaves you with a good 2.5 - 3hr journey and the best roads as the mountains start to come into view, always felt that Troyes comes a bit too early in the drive but i guess it depends on what time you start and where you have driven from in the UK. There is a lovely Ibis in Troyes though, we were their first paying guests in 2001 when we drove back from the French Grand Prix snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowyjon, I always stop at Hotel B&B Troyes when I visit France in Summer or Winter. It has the standard 3 person rooms and family rooms with 4 beds on 2 levels. There is a Cote a Cote restaurant over the road.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowyjon, , Another vote for Hotel B&B Troyes we use it on the way home. Good simple clean accomodation.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowyjon, This is is not as far south as Troyes, in fact it is closer to Reims but we stayed here on the way to Switzerland this Summer and we thought it was great - so have a look at http://www.fermedutemple.fr/ You can buy Champagne here also. We going back for a weekend stay in the future!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cannot help with 'proper B&B but have used many of the main 'motel overnighters' before. Some immediately off the auto route some not, be careful. Basic, clean, usually 24 hr check in and many have secure-fenced car parking. You need to check the descriptions for that. If you are just after a rest area and not cultural exchange then try these.

Accor Hotels http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/index.html have links to many hotels in their group, Ibis, Formule 1 , Etap . Cheapest usually being etap or Formule1. Another is Villages, run by a different organisation but the same idea. http://www.villages-hotel.com/index.php?i_sid=644880984&i_lang=44

On the road between Troyes to Dijon, though, there are only a few. I have usually travelled to at least Dijon or beyond. Take your pick.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowyjon, novotel dijon sud down and novotel reims tinqueux up are my usual. Dijon down is functional and Reims up is quite nice and has a good restaurant. There are cheaper Accor group hotels next door to both IIRC.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

There are several at Troyes, ....... Dijon (don't remember any more details - it's a bu**er - I find it's either too soon, or too late, especially in winter when it's dark.

easiski, I thought it was only me that was affected by the 'driving into the dark' syndrome. Sad

I always try to have good maps or a sat nav that you can rely on, or a co-driver. A dark, usually wet, or snow night isnt the time to be hunting for your accomodation. A little prep can save a lot of stress! Now where did I place those maps.....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We always stay in an Ibis as they are cheap,clean,nice size rooms (goo when you have two large dogs with you)and comfortable. As fraserp, pointed out visit the accorhotels.com website for locations
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've stayed here before. You won't need to worry about secure parking as it's just a little village on the south side of Dijon. It's run by a British couple and is in a handy location about 5-10 mins from the Autoroute

http://hote.bourgogne.free.fr/eng-index.htm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
another vote for HotelBB here clean , en-suite and rooms with a double and 2 singles.
Website here http://www.hotel-bb.com/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
speed8, we've stayed there before too , a couple of times, but they don't accept dogs so we've had to find somewere else. It's a lovely place. edit-there's also some nice restaurants in nearby Nuit-St-Georges.
ski holidays
I'd second the logis de France recommendation. Stayed at some great places with them over the years. We've tended to avoid the autoroutes anyway (after Reims) so their locations have been pretty good for us. There's some great ones near Chalons, Brienne le Chateau and in the Champagne region. (Apologies for spelling some place names wrong).
snow report
snowyjon, I tend to stay at Nuits Saint Georges a little south of Dijon - it is around 5 minutes off the motorway and in the heart of arguably the best wine region in the world so it would be rude not to sample some of the local produce wink

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/5478/fiche_hotel.shtml

Also stayed at other Ibis hotels and they all have tended to offer reasonable accommodation for an overnight stay at honest prices
snow conditions
SHello, snowHead snowHead
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
speed8, we've stayed there before too , a couple of times, but they don't accept dogs so we've had to find somewere else.

I'll have to keep that in mind about the dogs...
When I've been down in the past we've been on the bikes and they've let us park in the back garden. The wine down there is good though..... mmmmmm
snow report
snowyjon, We usually stay in Bourg-en Bresse at the Hotel de France - a best western. They have a secure carpark, but you need to book it when you book your room. Its only a couple of hours to Moutiers from there.
snow report
Very good Logis De France hotel just off the motorway at Nuits St George just south of Dijon. Leaving around 9am from here will get you to 3V area easily around 4pm - barring unforeseen events.

For what its worth, last few years we have travelled over to Calais on Thursday night and driven to Lyon on Friday, easily in resort by lunchtime and can get skis, lift passes etc sorted and be ready to go Sunday.
snow report
snowyjon, Les Marroniers d'Arc at Arc sur Tille, very close to the Autoroute near to Dijon is highly recommended, it's a Logis De france hotel so it's easy to find, rooms from 40 euros to 70 Euros and a superb restaurant withe a variety of menus form 19 Euros.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy