Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Frontier heli-skiing. Warning: parental guidance needed for environmentalists

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All the powder you could want.

Quote:
A short walk from the cabins are the two helicopters that will ferry the guests up to the surrounding mountains - a ski area 25 times larger than the whole of the Trois Vallees or, put another way, six times bigger than Greater London. Or more than 100 square miles per person.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 8-10-06 9:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did some rock climbing with a guide this summer who is a heli ski guide during the winter (nice life eh?). I asked if he was going to pay for himself to go heli-skiing where he would go. He said Last Frontier. I'm saving my cash now Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds pretty amazing Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like the sound of that: isolation, off-piste, but not necessarily extreme.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles, Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Interesting to note www.eaheliskiing.com dont feature any Heliskiing operations in the US (except Alaska) which there are many.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The skiing bit sounds fine.

The drive to get there does not.

Nor does the idea that you could be stuck for the duration in a simple log cabin with nowhere else to escape to.

Reading between the the lines, many of the group could turn out to be r soles.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did it last year. The skiing at Ripley Creek, where I was, is slightly harder than the Bell Lodge one, I am told.
Yes, it is exciting and something I'm glad I've managed to do once. Mind you it IS very expensive, and when we did it there had been lots of snow but also lots of wind, so most of the skiing above the tree line was breakable crust (they said it was the worst snow they had had at that lodge - but then, it was fairly new!). And I do feel guilty about my Carbon footprint for last year: we were doing 7 or 8 lifts per day and then there is the flight to Vancouver and another flight up to Terrace, before the bus to Stewart. (We did a week in Whistler first and had great fun with Extremely Canadian for 2 days, who any good skier will enjoy skiing with.)

This was taken on that holiday, as was the shot being used for December in the snowHead calendar.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here is the helicopter waiting for us at the bottom of a valley. As you can see from the tracks it had landed there once before with us kneeling in the snow just to its right (yes, very close!). (This was the 6 person heli they had last year).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I noticed there was both a fox and a snowangel there on the last night Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy