Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere, Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
lower, The walls were more than discoloured, they were filthy. I'm sorry but greasy hair marks on the wall above the head of the beds, filth all up the walls, amongst many other things are not what we expect when paying over £2k for a weeks holiday. It was bad enough to warrant going home (we did not take this decision lightly - but they could not transfer us) - we wasted our money, it ruined our Christmas, we had to cut short our holiday and spend an extra £300 to get home - but my family should not be expected to stay in a slum over Christmas not for anyone!! chalet hotels may not be up to hotel standards, but they should be up to some type of standard (i.e. clean)!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-01-07 21:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wannapop, I agree, I think I would also have gone home. You come to a certain time in your life when you should not have to put up with it. At the end of the day you may have wasted £2k but the TO have potentially lost much more i.e. your repeat custom!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carter, We are all different. I know for a fact though that, me, the Mrs, and the Frostlets would have bought some cleaning gear and spent a couple of hours scrubbing. Anything rather than go home. I would then have sued for my cost, time, and damages.

As said, we are all different. We live surounded by animals, mud, muck etc and it is something we are used to. ii have friends who would have certainly come home.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe the photos don't do it justice. But if it had been me, if the beds were clean, the room warm enough and the bathroom clean i would have stayed. On a skiing holiday, you really don't spend that much time in your room that you're not asleep. I appreciate you reach a time in your life where you don't have to put up with dirty room etc, and i've certainly reached it, but in this case you lost out more than total. You lost your holiday and they have still got your money.

I do wish you the best of luck with getting your money back and it's disappointing to hear that this experience was with ski total. We went to Tignes with ski total last year and stayed in chalet arktic which was a brand new chalet and it was very pleasant (apart from the noise issue). We also looked at Coq de Bruyere for this year so may have had a close escape! My fiancee and the female in the other couple that we ski with both work in the furnishings industry and have high expectations from both chalets and hotels. If we'd been in the room you had, they would have been very disappointed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lower, We stayed in VT Chalet Altitude the preceeding week (booked through Total) so I know that other properties in their portfolio are OK - we had no complaints. We have stayed in many places throughout France booked through Thomson, Crystal and Inghams all of which have been of different standards but all clean and satisfactory. We were on holiday with our son, so a lot of importance is placed on a clean room as we do spend quite a lot of time in our room when not out skiing and yes we lost our holiday, yes our Christmas was ruined and yes they still have our money, but we will never, never, I repeat NEVER holiday with them again (believe me that would amount to far more than what that holiday cost), they can only con us once Mad Oh and by the way the radiator had a faulty valve which prevented us from turning it on, the knob just kept turning without the radiator comming on - after reporting it to the manager he eventually came up to the room and managed to get it working - he said he would arrange for it to be fixed - not sure if it was fixed or not (I doubt it).

Frosty the Snowman, You are right we are all different, but believe me no amount of scrubbing would have cleaned the walls (even the housekeeper on inspecting the room with the assistant manager agreed that cleaning would not have changed things, in the assistant managers words "even a lick of paint would have made a huge difference".)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wannapop, Laughing Paint was my next suggestion. Genuinley sorry for your disspointment
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Frosty the Snowman,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just left the CdB. Had a week there.

My room was unusually large. From the other rooms that I have seen (first floor) they were rather small, described in most cases as 'adequate' by guests. But some were so small that you couldn't lay you suitcases on the available floor space. Basically, singles , masquerading as doubles.

I was in room 40, it had double bed, large dressing area, a bath room and a seperate shower room. So, for me it was fine. I can see, however, where the critisisms in earlier posts came from. Mine was NOT the standard room, by any means!

BTW. the infamous room 58. It's key remained in the slot the who week. I never got the nerve to try it out in the lock though!

I overheared, many times, excuses given by the guests! "I'm not in the hotel all day", Do the maths, you are in the hotel more time that you ski. So, for me, it had better, agree with the brochure. There is no excuse! The hotel, and its facilities are a key part of any stay, for any tour company just read the brochure and see if it mentions:-

Cannot walk around the bed, too little space.
Stained carpets in the rooms
Taps not working.
Stained walls
Noise from the bar, keeping people awake on the first floor.....
Ski and boot room, down narrow stairs, un heated, let alone, no boot heaters.....
Less that a 3 star (a lot less)
Food trying to be fancy, and failing miserably.

I bet it doesn't......

I got what I expected, all the above plus....

Lots of hot water.
Good company.... (hello all that were there...)
Staff were, as expected, polite and professional. Lots of smilling young seasonaire girls.
Location was, as expected, a short walk from the main meeting area.

Room for improvement? Yes, you cannot fail to improve things, so Total Ski, listen in to my letter and others.......

Would I return there again? Only to room 40, as described above! And if the food, and delivery of it improved significantly.

Beer now interferring with considered comments, and battery about to fail. So I'll sign off....

TTFN
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BMF_Skier, Thanks for the feed back. What a relief that your room was OK Very Happy - how was the snow?

THE LATEST UPDATE - received a letter from Total, saying that the MD has reviewed the matter and says "that on the evidence you have provided, it was an extreme decision to leave resort on the morning after arrival, without giving our staff the change to rectify the situation. They could have carried out a further deep clean or even perhaps painted some areas of the room."

We told Total of the problem the minute we arrived at the Hotel (approx 1130hrs) and did not book our flights home until approx 2200hrs that evening (some 11hrs later) - how much more time do they need to come up with a solution.

Deep clean or paint the room - this was not offered or would not have been offered - Hotel Manager, Area Manager said the room was not dirty - so would they offer such a solution? I think not.

As a goodwill gesture they have offered us £130 - a derisory offer don't you think!

My friend (who happens to be a solicitor) has looked at all the correspondence and has advised me to complain to ABTA - a letter enclosing all correspondence, etc has now been sent to ABTA and Total's cheque returned - watch this space.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
BMF_Skier, Thanks for the feed back. What a relief that your room was OK - how was the snow?

Icy to start with but when we had a drop in temps and then snow on the Tuesday\ Wednesday, it perked things up a bit. They were getting Vpoor. No snow since , as far as I am aware but still now very cold so the snow making will be in full flow.
I found the hotel generally basic, in some corridors and rooms walls were just grubby, and as i pointed out earlier rooms were generally small (the ones I saw). Mine was fine but I'd have been disapointed with less.

As well all know, nothing happens in France at the Weekend , particularly the ususal change over day, Sundays! So I think the MD's suggestion of cleaning is a dodge.

Good luck with the claim, I expect they'll see sense. I wonder why the key remainied firmly in its slot week I was there? wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wannapop, What was the outcome of your complaint?
Has anyone else stayed here? Do we have an upto date report anywhere?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BMF_Skier, Hi and a very Happy New Year !!!

Well I can't say too much (part of the settlement agreement) but it was a very happy ending (for us anyway) Very Happy I just hope that our comments were taken on board and that they have sorted out that dump of a room. The hotel was in a great position and if it was clean and the management were more applicable we would have had a great Xmas, but alas it was not meant to be Sad

Anyway already looking at booking for Xmas 2008, what do you know about l'Oxalys VT - is it worth paying the extra? (it looks soooo lovely) We have also looked at going with a TO and staying at Village Montana which is cheaper but cannot make up our minds. Any advice would be welcome Smile Is it best I start another thread?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wannapop, l'Oxalys was the home of the 2007 EOSB and will again be basecamp for the EOSB this year as well, have a search round the various EOSB threads for pics, info etc.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wannapop, It is VERY nice. On the edge of town so quiet. Ski in/out, lovely spa and pool area, nice decor. The lower toilet in app t17 always smelt bad though!.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wannapop, Glad to hear that issues were resolved satisfactorily. Smile As I stated:-
Quote:
Would I return there again? Only to room 40, as described above! And if the food, and delivery of it improved significantly.
That situation still stands.
Re L'Oxalys, i've never stayed there but i'm certain others can provide a clear indication of its standard.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy