Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere, Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone snowheads out there ever stayed at the above, its quoted as a 3 star chalet/hotel, opionions would be much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I've stayed there as well. Great location, just a short walk from either the main lifts at Croisette, or the Plantrey piste to get down to the Plantrey chair. You can ski back to very close to the hotel via the Loze piste.

Hotel is OK, with a nice bar and a some comfortable public areas for apres ski chats (I stayed there on a Snoworks course and it was good to have evening discussion facilities in the hotel). Rooms were OK but a bit small, especially the triples that I saw. All had ensuite facilities with many having sunny balconies. Food was OK, but a portions were not generous from what I can remember. Lowlight of the week was being evacuated in the middle of dinner by a fire alarm, and having to troop outside into a fierce blizzard in just a t-shirt until the pompiers let us back in. The fire alarm went off again 20 minutes later and we refused to leave...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope its good . I'm in there for a week last week of Jan 2007!

One street up from the main slopes, I've actually been passed it so I can confirm it location. It's the inside I'm interested in, and the service that will make the holiday. Any info appreciated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier wrote:

One street up from the main slopes, I've actually been passed it so I can confirm it location. It's the inside I'm interested in, and the service that will make the holiday. Any info appreciated.
Please Please make sure you are NOT staying in room 58 - we have just returned from Courchevel - the hotel room was so bad that we got return flights home after only 1 night - our Christmas was ruined !!!! I stress please make sure that you are staying in one of the refurbished rooms this will avoid staying in a room with greasy hair marks above the head of the beds, grime all over the walls and radiator, various safety issues, etc, etc, etc. It was clear that this room had not been inspected prior to the start of the season otherwise the room certainly would not have been rented out taking into account all the safety issues and filthy walls, etc. I was told by the manager that there are a total of 3 unfurnished rooms (they ran out of time to finish all of the rooms) - in total we have wasted approx £3k on this holiday (a very expensive 1 night). We are waiting to hear back from the tour operator after submitting a very long letter attaching numerous photos, etc.

If you are staying in one of the re-furbished rooms I am sure you will have a great time, just check. The location is great, public areas OK, staff (assistant manager and below) are very friendly. Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm.....
Wow, wannapop , what an experience! If the assistant mgr and below were great, can I take it that the manager was a not so good? Going to look at the booking to see if it's mentioned. I'm now going to stress until I arrive, god help them if it's not up to scratch! What are the numbers of the three un-refurbished rooms I wonder? Any ideas?

BTW, welcome to SnowHeads!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just seen on the TotalSki web site availability for 21st Jan 2007, Coq du Bruyere, Courchevel £469
1 x triple occupancy 2-3 , Room 58......... Shocked
So they are still selling it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the welcome. Very Happy

Regarding the manager - I will leave you to make up your own mind, if you do not have a complaint to make you may find him OK.

The room opposite us was number 53 - I know that this was also an unfurnished room but I am unsure if it was as filthy as ours. Not sure of the other room number. Sorry.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gosh - I'm going here with a party of 12 on Sunday. Cross fingers we dont end up in one of these rooms!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MorganW, How long are you going for? Send an update as soon as you can , cos... Im there on 21st Jan.... Sad . Now where's my booking form for that room number?

wannapop,
Quote:
Regarding the manager - I will leave you to make up your own mind, if you do not have a complaint to make you may find him OK.
the sign of a good organisation is how they handle a problem, not how they deal with everything working! wink

wannapop, Also on 28th COQ DE BRUYERE COURCHEVEL 1 Chalet Room 53 £507.00, Puzzled they've got to be having a laugh!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BMF_Skier, - I will miss you unfortunately. We are only staying for 7 nights: 7th Jan - 14th Jan
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I agree that the sign of good organisation is how they handle the problem - we asked to be transfered to another room but they said they were fully booked. We then asked to be transfered anywhere in France - again they said they were fully booked!! We had no option but to go home. After speaking to Ski Total they said that they have had no complaints about the room - I can't believe that as I do not know of anyone who would find a room with such filthy decor acceptable - maybe some people do. The manager said that we had paid for the location - we then asked if this was the case why did they feel the need to refurbish the rooms - they know themselves that the rooms had to be refurbished otherwise they would not get repeat custom. Lets now see how Customer Services handle the problem.

Room 53 may not be as bad as our room - I do know that it is very basic like ours (we only briefly saw it when someone opened the door - nothing like the picture in the brochure or the picture on Coq De Bruyere's website which I managed to find - a very old website as it had rates for 2000/01), but hopefully not dirty. If you are unhappy in anyway with the standard of the room I am sure you will let them know. Sorry to make you panic, as I said hopefully your room is not as bad. Do keep us posted you maybe OK and have a great time - the staff indeed were very nice (what we saw of them).

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 5-01-07 11:56; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Another snowhead commented on this hotel on 15/5/06 saying "stayed there myself two years ago with Skiworld. Even then very basic, almost worn out, needs much TLC. Staff friendly and helpful"

That was me wink and I was referring to the Catina, that is still in dire need of a refurb!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wannapop wrote:
BMF_Skier wrote:

Please Please make sure you are NOT staying in room 58 - we have just returned from Courchevel - the hotel room was so bad that we got return flights home after only 1 night - our Christmas was ruined !!!! I stress please make sure that you are staying in one of the refurbished rooms this will avoid staying in a room with greasy hair marks above the head of the beds, grime all over the walls and radiator, various safety issues, etc, etc, etc. It was clear that this room had not been inspected prior to the start of the season otherwise the room certainly would not have been rented out taking into account all the safety issues and filthy walls, etc. I was told by the manager that there are a total of 3 unfurnished rooms (they ran out of time to finish all of the rooms) - in total we have wasted approx £3k on this holiday (a very expensive 1 night). We are waiting to hear back from the tour operator after submitting a very long letter attaching numerous photos, etc.

If you are staying in one of the re-furbished rooms I am sure you will have a great time, just check. The location is great, public areas OK, staff (assistant manager and below) are very friendly. Sad Sad Sad

Very sorry to hear of your experience and that your Xmas was ruined Sad .

You could post the pics on the snowMedia Zone of the site for all to see, if you like. I hope the tour operator sees sense and takes a reasonable line when presented with the evidence. Please let us know how it all turns out. Confused

And...Welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BMF_skier Sorry for the confusion !!! Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
slikedges, I will try and post the pictures tonight to the snowMedia zone, hopefully you will all agree that the standard is not acceptable. I must say however that we stayed in VT the week before (booked through Ski Total) and had a great time, accommodation was fantastic (Chalet Altitude) - no complaints. I just feel that because they ran out of time and could not refurb all of the rooms they should not have rented the unfurbished rooms out (especially as our room was in such a filthy state, no amount of cleaning could have removed the stains it needed painting, etc)- it has not done their reputation any good, as far as I know they usually have a very good reputation. Hopefully now their customer services can rectify things.
snow report
got directed to this forum after searching on google for the coq du bruyere. i'm really worried now as myself and my boyfriend are staying on the 21st of january and we are in room 51!! fingers crossed this is one of the refurbished rooms!! any further comments on this property would be appreciated. Confused
snow report
lyndsey81, Welcome to snowHead

I'm there the same week, so i'm also interested. Any update appreciated.
ski holidays
lyndsey81, BMF_Skier, can you contact the TO or the chalet & ask if the room you have been allocated has been refurbished or not?
latest report
I have tried to post the pictures on the snow media zone but have been unsuccessful if someone can let me know how to post them I will and you can see for yourself. All I can say is if you have been allocated the same room as us it is filthy and not acceptable (unless your standards are very low), I really can't comment on the other rooms. If you do not have a complaint to make then I am sure you will find the management OK and will have a great holiday. Let me know what you think! By the way I still have not heard back from the tour operator regarding our complaint but will keep you all posted.
latest report
BMF_Skier, I stayed in the Catina last year and it was a bit basic, but I understand that it has had a refurb last summer
snow conditions
I have just had a reply from the TO and in so many words they do not concede that the room was dirty. They made no reference to the photo's I emailed them so I now will be posting them hard copies circling the dirty marks and asking them to explain what these marks are all over the walls if not dirt Mad Amongst other problems I complained about the light in the small section of hallway outside our room not working which meant that this area was in complete darkness (a fire and safety issue), their reply was "I understand that this small section of hallway does not have a light fitting" I will also be sending them the picture of the light and the sensor below it and will ask them to let me know if this is not a light what is it!! I also have video footage of the light outside our door. If they took the time to inspect the room following my complaint the first thing they would have seen before entering the door to the room was the light and sensor on the wall (it was at eye height on the wall, a large round light, can't miss it).

I can't believe how they are fobbing us off.
ski holidays
wannapop, there's some guidance here as to how to put photos on the snowMedia zone and then put them in posts http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=513099#513099

Hope this helps
snow conditions
cathy, Thanks for that, I have just tried downloading some of the photo's but I think too many as it took ages and did not complete. I will try posting them one by one over the next few days.
latest report
I have managed to post a few of the photo's on snowMedia zone under wannapop. Unfortunately the photo's do not show the real extent of the dirt but you can get an idea.
ski holidays
wannapop I see what you mean from the photos. Even the the most polite people would consider it below par. But at the price you pay in CV1850, this isnt what I'd expect. As I have explained, I stayed in the Catina and the Dahu. Catina = cheap and cheerfull (really basic decor) the Dahu = rather more plush. What you show falls below even the Catina! For that you pay 2/3rds the CdB price. Sad

Well, thanks for the heads up. Good luck with your claim.
snow report
BMF_Skier, I'm glad you agree. I now have to try to make Ski Total agree. As I kept saying to them a dirty room is not what you should be expected to stay in and I thought there standards where better than that. As a family flying home after only 1 night was our last resort and was not taken lightly. We requested a transfer anywhere in France, we felt so strongly about the conditions. Unfortunately my father-in-law past away last year 2 weeks before Christmas (2005) of a heart attack - that Christmas just did not happen as you can imagine hence the reason for going away this Christmas (2006), to then be faced with such a dirty room just tipped us over the edge Sad After all it's not what you work hard for all year is it! Very disappointed.
latest report
wannapop, did Basil Fawlty greet you at reception? Wink Good luck with your claim, you deserve it!
ski holidays
wannapop, I'd agree that the condition of the room is completely unacceptable. The room is not in a fit state for renting out by any normal standards. Is Ski Total aiming for the unemployed druggie end of the market? 'Cos if they are it looks like they need to raise their standards. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would suggest sending Customer Services a link to this thread and let them see how their reputation will be affected by however many people view this site...
snow report
martski, I told Customer Services this morning about this thread and asked them why various snowheads can see how filthy the room is by looking at the photos I posted on the site and Total can't. I now have hard copies of the photos which I will be sending to Total, the state of the room is even more apparrent on the hard copies!!
snow conditions
wannapop,
Not sure whether this is good news for me, but according to the docs. i'm in room XXX Puzzled

I wouldnt hold your breath expecting the TO to offer anything without you getting heavy handed. Try reporting to BBC Watchdog, and see if they are interested. Worth a phone call at least, particularly if the TO is still renting out a slum! If I can i'll update this when I get there...
TTFN

Edited to remove room reference from prying eyes..... Total Ski wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-01-07 14:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
wannapop, just looked at the photos --what a depressing dirty room--- I hope you are successful with your claim. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Well good luck. if it doesn't work then seriously consider seeing a solicitor or even consider issuing proceedings yourself in your local County Court under the Small Claims regulations...pretty fundamental provision of services unfit and not 'for purpose'.

Good luck and sorry Total Ski but you lost a few potential and past customers. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Just to keep you all updated - yesterday I sent the hardcopy photos to Total and I stated that I have posted my concerns on this forum and snowMedia zone regarding the condition of the room. I requested that they reconsider their initial response to my complaints and find an acceptable solution as I would like to report back to snowheads that Total Holidays have taken on board my comments and have dealt with it in a fair and professional manner. I explained that I find it very hard to believe that a company of their size and reputation would do anything other than condemn the conditions of the room. I accept that they must rely on agents and overseas representatives and cannot have first hand knowledge of the conditions of all rooms however their initial response to me suggested that they were not prepared to take the responsibility for the quality of the facilities provided or indeed for customer satisfaction. I would of hoped for a more caring and considered response Crying or Very sad

In fact the photos do not convey the full extent of the appalling condition of the room however they are clearer than looking at the emailed copies. I will of course keep you all updated on developments.
snow report
wannapop, good luck, don't forget the consumer association, trading standards, trade associaton, credit card company, other media channels etc.
snow conditions
slikedges wrote:
wannapop, good luck, don't forget the consumer association, trading standards, trade associaton, credit card company, other media channels etc.
Thanks for that - I will not forget about the above organisations if it comes to it.

By the way I paid for the holiday by switch - BIG MISTAKE !! Mad
ski holidays
LATEST UPDATE - received email from customer services manager saying "Yes I have received the photographs and I will discuss the issue again with our Managing Director and reply to you within the next 28 days. I am sure you understand that, as he had already reviewed your complaint before my response, I cannot promise that there will be any change to the stance he has taken".

I will of course let you all know when I receive the next response.
ski holidays
While researching next seasons holiday I stumbled upon this link while searching the web, what a great site!

Just had a look at the photos on snowMedia zone and can't believe how appalling the room is. Are they still renting it out? It is not what one expects from a reputable company nor is their response - very surprised Shocked Would be interested in hearing what the MD has to say, surely he/she can't be in agreement with his/her staff who say that the room was not dirty - I think a trip to Specsavers is in order, don't you?
snow conditions
wannapop, the room looks manky Shocked but on the bright side the pillows look first class (reasonably serious point)
snow conditions
Blimey, i've just seen the photos, and whilst i agree that the walls were discoloured i certainly wouldn't have gone home for that! Surely there must have been other things wrong (and i'm not referring to the non working lght in the hall) to make you pack up and leave! Ski resort chalets are rarely up to hotel standards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy