Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatham v Bromley ski slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have an appointment at Rochester on Monday at 9AM, should only take 30 minutes.

As I am over that way I was thinking of a session at Chatham, to practise everything easiski taught me on the glacier this summer ! They open at 10am and I'm guessing that on a Monday morning it will be dead quiet.

I've skied the Bromley one a few times, has anyone done both and if so how do they compare ?

Also when I had my boots checked in LDA it turns out I was sold ones 1 1/2 sizes too big. Should I hire some ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bladeskier, Chatham has Permasnow - a carpet type surface, Bromley old style Dendix. Bromley has some fun bumps, Chatham doesn't.

I'd ring first to make sure they are open !

As for boots, take your own... the boots at the dryslopes are suitable for beginners only.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski,

Which Chatham..? I haven't been for a few years now but the one at Glllingham/Capstone had Dendix...

Bromley or rather Swanley looks in poor shape to me but only seen it from the main road..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT, Chatham has just refurbished with 'permasnow' I'm probably going up to check it out this weekend
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from Chatham ski centre and can testify that it is perma snow - I found it really difficult but 8 yr old son was whizzing around after 5 minutes 'getting used to' time Take your own boots the ones they've got are incredibly bad! Half their ski stock is out being rebased (is that a word!) 150's through to 170's are in very short supply.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Annie,

I have heard that the change went ahead... I haven't been there for a couple of years...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As has been said on previous threads, unfortunately all the John Nike slopes are being covered in Perma Snow. Mainly on the grounds of reduced insurance premiums due to less injuries than on Dendex. However there also appear to be disadvantages to this, one of which is that if you use your own skis it's bad news. The ski's are apparently being rebased due to excessive wear as the heat build up and wear on the base is much greater than on Dendex. I have heard that as the base may get hot be careful if handling without gloves.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was almost tempted to go at the weekend, but can't quite justify going - I've only ever skiied on real snow so I can't help but think it may not be much fun.

Annie, how much did it cost? the website doesn't actually say!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cost was £12.00 for open practise lessons are £26.00 for group and £48.00 for 1:1 private. There was no time limit on open practise today, don't know if that is normal or will change. I can't say I enjoyed it particularly, as I said, I found it tough going but will probably go back ...but not until after 23rd when hopefully SZK et al will be sorting me out with my own boots!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Annie, eddyr, JT, Bowles (near Crowborough) has a Teflon coated Dendix main slope, with a misting system. It's much much nicer to ski on that the carpeted slopes.

Open Practice is on Sunday afternoons only at the moment, Wednesday evenings from November.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Should add that equipment comments are probably a case of poor workman blaming her tools!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eddyr, I find plastic slopes more demanding than snow. Snow is quite forgiving of errors, but plastic (Dendix at least) punishes my mistakes. That said, if you can ski on plastic, then you can also ski on snow. I find skiing on plastic useful practice for the real thing - I can practise and improve techniques - but it is no substitute and I think it would be rather boring if I was skiing alone with no objectives in mind.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Annie, Don't be so hard on yourself, the rental equipment certainly doesn't help. Slopes rarely if ever sharpen edges as they wear the slope quicker and as for the boots enough said.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Annie, Just this minute got back.

For the first couple of runs I was all over the place, thankfully I was the only one there, they had to turn the lift on for me.

Skied for about 90 minutes and got more competent each time, ended up really enjoying it.

The skis are as blunt as a very blunt thing, the have no edges at all, makes you work harder though !

Had a chat with the technician and he reckons they are getting brand new skis in early November, he showed me boxes of bindings they have ready to mount as soon as the new ones arrive.

I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you can get there as I did at 10am, I was the only person there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy