Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Janica Kostelic won't be skiing this season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Janica Kostelic
The BBC reports that World Cup champion Janica Kostelic is to sit out the entire 2006/7 season because of persistent injuries...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/5412610.stm

Anja Paerson will be happy, but she'll be missed by the rest of us.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad news Sad - she is a good competitor .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johno wrote:
Anja Paerson will be happy

Really?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith wrote:
johno wrote:
Anja Paerson will be happy

Really?

Well, they are arch-rivals, aren't they?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johno, I spoke to Anja a couple of months ago about this eventuality and she would have prefered Janica to be there this year as she was a great source of motivation. There are only a couple of girls that will provide a serious threat to Anja for the overall, Nicki Hosp and perhaps Lindsey Kildow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LARGEZOOKEEPER, fair enough. I was just thinking of the priceless look on Anja's face at the Olympics earlier this year when she ceded her first place position to Kostelic in the combined event (I think). But you're right, I guess she'd rather have some serious competition to keep her sharp.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johno, I can assure you that it was not just a priceless look, I don't think I've ever seen Anja more p*ssed off, then again Janica has never lost a combined race.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whatever fate holds for Janica Kostelic it's worth reiterating that she beat both Jean-Claude Killy (1968) and Toni Sailer (1956) who both won 3 gold medals in a single Winter Olympics:

In 2002 Kostelic won 3 golds (GS, slalom, combined) and one silver (super G)
In 2006 she won the gold in the combined, and silver in the super G

Admittedly, there were fewer medals to win in 1956 and 1968 but nothing can diminish this phenomenal racer. It's just a shame that the physical stress of the sport takes such a toll. Hopefully she doesn't face the hell of arthritis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, To say nothing of 5 individual world championship gold medals as well. On top of that she's a great lass but I wouldn't like to have her knees in 10 years time Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shame, she's one of a smallish number that make the women's events really watchable & competitive.

LARGEZOOKEEPER, ooh, yer namedropper wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jerry, totally agree, I loved watching her ski, I am far from being an expert, but it seemed perfect to me.
She also won 36 WC races, the first female racer to win a WC race in all the five disciplines in one season (in 36 days)

And note that she does not come from an Alpine country, her talent and hard work was key to be more successful than other skiers who have been fortunate to spend much more days on snow since their childhood.

Now, she opens a beauty shop with her friend in Rijeka, Croatia.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jerry, Sorry Embarassed Just thought you might like some first hand info
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LARGEZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

LARGEZOOKEEPER, ooh, yer namedropper

Never heard her complain about her boots wink Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LARGEZOOKEEPER, First hand info is good - let's have more please.

this is very sad news.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agreed, easiski, any news on Chemmy's sixth toe this year LARGEZOOKEEPER?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy