Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

why?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nadenoodlee, I'm sure dreamers knows emotionally, but knowing 'why' emotionally doesn't mean you can rationalise it (or want to).
I am an artist and sometimes write theoretically about art and try to get hold of what I am doing.
One of my heros is John Berger (I don't know if anyone here knows his essays - particularly about art - or his novels and other writing). He has written a wonderful essay about riding his motorbike. When I met him 3 years ago he still loved riding his big black motorbike, despite being nearly 80. Although he has never skied we kind of understood each other through something in common in our two obsessions.
Although I had written a couple of articles for ski magazines I had never tried to write about skiing in a more thoughtful way, but he encouraged me to try. I have never shown him the result (I keep hoping I can improve it).
As with art I know I have only pushed back the 'why' a little bit. Perhaps its better left that way.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, guess so, would be terrible to have something ethereal and intangible reduced to just science and chemicals
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Why?
Because you can be "at one with nature"
Because of the fresh air
Because of the beautiful surroundings
Because of the rush
Because it's not work
Because, just because.

You forgot.........because of the cute snow bunnies in tight pants wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never had to ask myself why.....more like when?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not exactly "why", but one great side-effect is looking forward to winter, instead of moaning about it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i dont think there is an exact reason why, although reading through snowballs story made me wish i was on the snow right now, i think the thing i like most, is the sense of forgetting about everything except making 2 neat arcs in the snow behind you. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
george_1 wrote:
forgetting about everything except making 2 neat arcs in the snow behind you. snowHead snowHead

Any advance on 2 ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I likethis essay for an insight into why we do it.

The writing is a bit over the top in places, but I think most of us can relate to some or all of it. It certainly has me counting the days until I get back on the snow.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johno, a bit over the top..?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, nah im usually on the floor after 2.
but those 2 still make my day Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy