Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line prophet 75, MTX Assassin, or Fischer AMC 76

Poster: A snowHead
Im looking to buy a new pair of skis and i have it loosely narrowed down to these three
Line prophet 75, MTX Assassin, or Fischer AMC 76. Im just deciding wether i want the twin tips, and if so wich one of the line skis are better. i havent been able to find much information on the prophet 75's. thanks

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mccclurch, Welcome to snowHead
I'm sure that later this morning the snowHead 's will be able to offer you the relevant advice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mccclurch, welcome to snowHead

A few questions...
What do you want them for?
Where do you ski?
How well do you ski?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
haven't the prophet 75's been replaced with a prophet 80. Line do have a website
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mccclurch,

The only opinion I have about twin tips is that they ski short...so you might want to factor in where you want to use them, eg, Off-piste, I'd add another 10cms or ski lenght -relating to that model, personally
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Prophet series are lines all-mountain skis. They no longer do the prophet 75. The prohet comes in an 80, 90, 100 and 130. The number refers to the size of the waist in mm. There are plenty of other mfrs who do twin tip skis. Is there a reason why you want Line skis. Have a look on the line website for their latest line-up. As JT and WTFH, if you provide some more info about you're height, weight, ability, and what you want to use the skis for. Have you not considered some of the Fischer Twin tips.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yea, i found last years model of the prophet 75, and thats what i was looking into buying. Ive just heard some good things about the line skis, and ive wanted a pair for a couple years. Im 6'2 180. I mostly ski michigan, a couple trips to canada or maybe once out west. My ability level is probably advanced, i cant find challenging slopes here in michigan anymore. I just want a ski that i can experience everything on, go off trail a little bit, maybe hit the park, and still be able to cruise around on groomers and crud because thats mostly what we have here Sad.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Then I think the Prophet 80 should suit you just fine. Have a look at it, k2 public Enemy and scott p3.

I think the 75 may be a bit narrow to serve as an all-mountain ski, especially if its less than 180cm.

I think you'll want them at around 180cm, maybe the prophet in the 186cm as you're quite tall. Then I think you could mount them a bit further forward.
I got Scott p3 because they had quite a bit of sidecut making them very easy to turn on the piste. If you arent used to twin tips you may find them a bit sluggish compared with carvers. http://www.scottusa.com/product.php?UID=7271 . The p3 comes in a 184 length but still has a small radius of 17m. Alot of other twins that length run a radius of over 22m. I havent got a chance to use them in the powder but they totally rid on the groomers and in the park. They are lesser known in the US but dont have that put you off as more and more skiers are acknowledging what a great ski they are. I have found them really soild and very durable, plus they are priced very reasonably.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
do you have any suggestions for what binding i should get with the line, if i have to get thier binding or what not?

thanks for the info
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoid the Line bindings - they have proved unreliable and are heavy. Plus, to all intents and purposes they have now been discontinued.

The current Prophets no longer have the inserts for the Line bindings on them, so you can mount any binding you'd like to use (you can still mount any bindings on the pre-07 models as well, but these would have the Line quickmount holes pre-drilled as well).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mccclurch, I have the MTX Pros and they are great under almost all conditions, a couple of years old now, but as close to a 1 quiver ski as most of us want. Be slightly wary of the MTX Pros on hard hard ice though.
I got Rossi Axial bindings - avoid the Line bindings like skibomb says.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
is there anything i need to do to mount regular bindings on the line skis, i wasnt sure because of the design they have on them for the line bindings
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nope. the holes for the line reactor bindings are like those on a snowboard so dont have to be filled in or waterproofed or anything. Most bindings should be fine. try and get look px12 bindings or rossignol axial bindings.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what length in the prophet 80's should i go with? 186?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you ski fairly aggressive go with the 186cm. Are you going to be mounting them forward, because this would be another reason for skiing this length. I think 176 is too short for all-mountain at your size, they'd be good on groomers but I doubt they'd perform off piste. Best sticking with the 186cm.
latest report
I have just been reading up on the prophet and hear they are not real twins, so are no use in the terrain park. I think you should look at somethin else. The Line chronic series is worth looking at. As are Scott p3 and k2 Public Enemy. Don't limit yourself to one brand.
snow report
yea, the chronic only come up to a 176, i guess the other part is ive found the prophets for a quite a bit cheaper, and im in college so thats always a good thing. i cant find last years public enemy more than 169. i think i could deal with the smaller tail on the prophets, im not too serious in the park, i just need something that can get me more introduced to it, but i definantly spend most of my day on other parts of the mountain. any other reccomendations for skis?
ski holidays
go with the scott p3s if you can get em. 4frnt STL. head mojo 80.
snow report
if i got the prophet 80's, should i go with the 186 cm length?
ski holidays
yeah probably if you want to use them off piste. You could get away with the 176 if you were just staying on piste. I think you have to be pretty aggressive though to handle that length. a 179cm public enemy would probably be better and Im sure you can get them just as cheap.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy