Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski sale / Swaps in Scotland?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Could anyone tell me if there are any large ski and snowboard swaps in Scotland (Edinburgh prefered) prior to this upcoming season? I've searched around online, but have come up empty. Or any in the U.K? they're quite popular in North America in October- so I'm surprised that I can't find anything online.

I've just had a friend email me- she's given up on her nearly new skiboots- which she bought in Vancouver, Canada. sigh- I can't talk her into seeing a proper bootfitter- she's made up her mind that she'd like to sell them. I suspect that they're too small, and would require more work than is reasonable to make them fit.

She's asked me how much she should ask for them to sell on Ebay......I'm skeptical that anyone would buy used boots on Ebay- Here in Whistler, when you want to unload your ski gear- you go to the annual Thanks-giving Turkey sale and swap.

Any advice as to where she might be able to sell her boots would be greatly appreciated.

(btw, they're Salomon Xwave Flex90 boots, 305mm 26-25.5 shell.)

Thanks,

Eric
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd try Hillend ski slope/club in Edinbro, Bearsden slope/club in Glasgow. Ski swaps don't really happen on a large scale in the UK AFAIK as there aren't really enough dedicated skiers in one place unlike say Vancouver, Calgary etc
latest report
 brian
brian
skierguy_75, there did used to be a big autumn second hand gear bring and buy thing but it was aimed more at schoolkids than adults. I think it was usually held at one of the private schools, maybe Watsons ??

Anyway, if it still happens Hillend would probably know about it, their number is 445-4433

They have a for sale board you could stick an ad on as well.

and welcome to snowHead s !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aberdeen Ski Club usually have a second hand gear sale in the Autumn. I'll keep my eye open for when it is this year if its of interest.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
skierguy_75, I was up at Hillend today so I found out.

The LSRA (Lothian Ski Racing Association) sale is at Currie High School (my old school!) on 18th November.

8.30am to 9.30am for putting things in for sale, 11.30am open for buyers. 17.5% cut goes to the LSRA.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think the Aberdeen one doesn't run anymore. It used to be a fairly big event but was struggling in recent years.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It ran afair last year, and is usually in November. I've just checked Aberdeen Ski Club's website and there winter events list is due soon. I'll check back and see when that is.
If anyone wanted some nordic kit HNSC are having a gear sale/exchange on the evening of Thurs 30 Nov 2006 7.30pm at Huntly Nordic and Outdoor Centre and if anyone wants to try out nordic sking, rollerskiing etc Huntly Nordic and Outdoor Centre have an open day on Sunday 5th November 10am - 4pm.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I might just pop along to your open day Dave.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank-you Snowheads!

Your assistance is greatly appreciated! I've posted the boots in the buy/sell forum here- but if they don't go to a snowheads home, my friend will be able to try the LSRA sale on November 18th.

May you all have sunny days and snowy nights this winter,

Eric
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy