Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Snow Starts soon

Poster: A snowHead
Pissing down with rain here today, but more hot weather forcast for the next few days. 25 degrees on Thursday
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dicko, it is sad. It is raining in Hintertux and +5C. By Thursday it goes up to +8C. Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite good agreement for some high pressure to build further west after that. There might be some chilly nights, but it's not looking great for the near term.
The Eastern Alps might get some snow early next week if the positioning of the ridge is correct, but it's really too far out atm.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, could do with swapping the temperatures for there and here, it was baltic this morning.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks okay for middle of next week with a LP moving through Scandinavia and down through Eastern Europe bringing rain, then cold air down behind it. The positioning of the HP behind it will determine temps after that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There's a fresh skiff of snow on the Cairngorm this morning Very Happy

First snow of the season in the highlands?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cool..its coming then Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^ oh yeah Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe snow between 1000 and 1500m next week here in CH. At least is getting colder after record October temps yesterday (27 deg in Bern, 28 in Lichtenstein).

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/de/wetter/Detailprognose.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nessy, very good news for the snowHead's who keep an eye on CH resorts (like myself Little Angel )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks even better (or worse in my case since I still have some gardening to do) now. Snow now forecast down to 800m and maximum 3-4 degrees by the end of the week (brrr).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nessy, excellent news for me ,that has cheered me up
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What an amazing day in the southern Alps yesterday ! It's almost November and it felt like a summers day. The good (for snow) news is that the temps should drop towards the end of the week...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More snow on the Cairngorm today with the snowline coming about a third of the way down the White Lady (see below). The webcam at the top is completely iced up at the moment so you can't see a thing so no reindeer sadly!

snow report
 brian
brian
roga, that's considerably more than a 1/3 down the WL, it's only just above the M1 timing hut !
snow report
^ Looking at it again you're quite right - I was just being careful in my estimate.

Snow at the end of October - not bad for a "country of little snow" as Fall Line erroneously described Scotland in their most recent issue!

Good to see eh? Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
roga,

Last season I skied from the 29th November ...

... to the 21st April ...

Now, if we can just fill in all the bits in between this season .... wink Very Happy
latest report
brian wrote:
Now, if we can just fill in all the bits in between this season .... wink Very Happy

That'd be good yes (although I have to point out that although I missed November I had great skiing in March, April and May) Very Happy
snow conditions
I skied zero days in Scotland last year, after making a fair few spring trips in previous years, so this year I really must get out there!!

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
kitenski wrote:
I skied zero days in Scotland last year, after making a fair few spring trips in previous years, so this year I really must get out there!!

You missed some seriously gobsmacking conditions in March/April so here's to a repeat this season (throughout the season!)

I fancy a few weekends up during the season and I'm told there are some good bargains to be had on the overnight sleeper which is a great way to travel and cuts down on hotel/B&B bills.

Anyway, getting off topic - sorry Smile
latest report
Had some snow on my car this morning , which is around 400m. On the way to work it looked as though Pack had a good covering which is 1000-1500m. I wonder if it stays there through the weekend when the temp is suspected to rise again.
snow report
The Val Thorens webcam shows it's finally cold enough to switch the snowcannons on. Not real snow, but it's a start Very Happy .
latest report
Alastair wrote:
The Val Thorens webcam shows it's finally cold enough to switch the snowcannons on. Not real snow, but it's a start Very Happy .

The phrase "p** in the wind comes to mind". After a couple of cold days return to warm mild sunny weather in the French Alps until mid November. Val Th. must be getting desperate with the opening only a couple of weeks away! I'm surprised they have the water given the dry summer and autumn, no showers for the Belleville villagers this month.

DB certainly put the mockers on things.
snow report
davidof wrote:
DB certainly put the mockers on things.

Hey it was just a false start. There's traffic chaos in Northern Germany after a downfall of snow, hopefully that will work it's way down south.
snow conditions
Traffic chaos in Dubai after a foggy morning - most people didnt get to work !!!! Shocked
ski holidays
Just seen that Kaprun have reported 40cm new snow.
ski holidays
Any sign of the high pressure moving away allowing some precip on the western side of the alps after last weeks bumper eastern alp falls in Austria? Puzzled
ski holidays
Looking at some of the GPS forecasts, the high appears to break down in next few days...and all seems a big muddle afterthat (never believe a forecast after 3 days anyway)...so at least it looks like the high is moving away snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Should have said also that I think the temps are dropping too...theres no point having precipitation if its 20 Celcius wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lol yeah thats a good point on the temperature, good to see it might finally make the change to winter snowHead
ski holidays
Some of the models seem to show a bit of snow at higher altitudes for the French Alps around Sunday/Monday, then maybe a bit more from the middle of the week (unless all the precipitation slides off to the East). Am I reading this right, or is it just wishful thinking?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rob@rar, possibly, although not very much and I wouldn't count on it getting S of Mont Blanc. The pesky Austrians look set to be taking delivery of another few inches though rolling eyes
ski holidays
Snow forecast is predicting light snow down to 1100 m in Notre Dame de Bellecombe in the next couple of days.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
GFS is repeatedly flirting with the idea of bringing something tasty round about the 17th, be interesting to watch what develops next week.

For Scotland, the Western areas are the ones to watch. There should be some snow over the weekend, followed by a burst of mild rain on Monday Sad but then a cooler airstream off the North Atlantic for the period after that, how cool is the critical factor. ECM and GFS are both showing a low pressure stalling over the UK and sinking South, dragging in colder air. With a bit of luck could be good for filling up the Goose and getting Nevis off to a good start Smile
latest report
brian wrote:
GFS is repeatedly flirting with the idea of bringing something tasty round about the 17th, be interesting to watch what develops next week.

This far out it doesn't look like much more than a morsel to whet the appetite as far as French Alps seem to be concerned.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Au contraire ....

ski holidays
Blimey, I hadn't looked at that run. Is that one the most recent?
snow report
 brian
brian
rob@rar, hot off the press snowHead
ski holidays
brian, I suppose I should be excited, but I don't have a great record of skiing gates in soft snow, and that storm might just arrive in Tignes at the same time as me.
ski holidays
Yes but think of the soft landings rob@rar!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy