Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lockwoods discounts via SCGB membership

Poster: A snowHead
NB. I've no vested interests in the following, apart from being a SCGB member:

The SCGB 06/07 discount information came in the post yesterday, so I thought it might be of interest (to those going to Lockwoods for their boot fitting event etc.) that they offer 10% off all full-price goods, 25% off ski servicing, and 15% off safety equipment for the off-piste. The coupon refers to Lockwoods' website entry on the Club's site, which says:
Quote:
For information on products visit our [Lockwoods] website. Please have your membership card with you to claim discount. For full details of the off- piste safety equipment with 15% discount visit www.skiclub.co.uk/terms

That link has a big list of applicable products and how to order. Don't know if the link works without logging in with a membership number.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, I find it shocking that the only terms and conditions on the Ski club website are those referencing the promotions.

That means if I read something on there which is a falsehood, the Ski Club is liable, it doesn't even say E&OE!

If I was obsessed with terms and conditions, and at all concerned about the Ski Club of Great Britain, I'd be on there to make sure they get some website terms up PDQ - they have left themselves wide open.

(I've just checked again, there isn't even copyright notices anywhere!) Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The key SCGB 'terms and conditions' (which are nothing to do with the website) are the Club's 'Memorandum and Articles of Association'. I think they're only accessible in the members-only zone of the site.

The members-only forum certainly has terms and conditions. They don't cover copyright so, by default, authors' rights wouldn't be affected (as with EpicSki.com).

Thank you for raising the subject of terms and conditions, which could be a fruitful new hobby for you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, Thanks for that, I'm there on the 23rd seeing Smallzooeee and his gang (very curious but a little aprehensive about meeting him, madness is right next to genius they say Very Happy ) and want to buy new boots on the day if it goes to plan. I'd got my SCGB renewal stuff today and had not spotted the discount
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
...terms and conditions...

(Slow motion) NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooo Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, so, the rest of the website has no copyright or terms? Isn't that a little myopic?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well there's a copyright notice at the base of each page (including the forum). Have another look and you'll see it there. That, in itself, wouldn't override members' rights to their own postings but I guess it provides an envelope of protection to any intellectual rights that the Club wants to assert over the site and its design.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting Stuff!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, 10% discount has already been negociated for snowheads attending the boot fit day Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for pointing that out. It's mentioned on this thread:

http://www2.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=406398&highlight=10+lockwoods#406398
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, David Goldsmith, and I'd forgotten....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whats the SCGB ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You don't have to join the SCGB to get those discounts, Lockwoods also give them to members of some other ski clubs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Midland Ski Club membership grants 10% off non-sale merchandise, but not (according to their site) the 15% or 25% rates.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't you just hate it when people don't keep their websites up-to-date? Skullie
snow report
Yes. Which people?
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
Yes. Which people?

Midland Ski Club.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Midland Ski Club membership grants 10% off non-sale merchandise, but not (according to their site) the 15% or 25% rates.

Site has now been corrected.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy