Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What name would you give the HQ of the Ski Club of GB?

Poster: A snowHead
cathy wrote:
Why is this thread here? What has it to do with skiing? Perhaps it can be moved to the Apres Zone? Please? Little Angel

Better still back to the ski club chatroom.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, Not a problem. Could you please give the removals men the directions - there's a fair bit of office equipment and memorabilia involved.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy wrote:
Why is this thread here? What has it to do with skiing? Perhaps it can be moved to the Apres Zone? Please? Little Angel

the reason it's here is because David thinks he can regain some popularity by engaging in a bit of ski club bashing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think they should take it down brick by brick and move it to Hartlepool.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tim Brown wrote:
PhillipStanton, don't be silly, your house if worth something to you. You live in it and it appreciates in value. This is why property is such a good investment. You're other points are questionable too.

You take a homeowner's view of property rather than a commercial view.

I live in a house. It's worth £200k, say.

A homeowner's view is that if I sell I'll have to buy somewhere else to live.

A commercial view is that one might be able to rent out the propery for more than the cost of renting elsewhere. Or that selling and moving to a cheaper location might release some of the capital for investment in other ways.

If the Clubhouse is to be treated as an asset then the correct thing for any business to do, especially a membership based one, is to periodically consider whether there are better value alternatives available.

Otherwise it's an asset in accounting terms only.

From the perspective of most members, the operation of the Club would be no different if it were located in Aviemore, Carlisle, Birmingham or Little Twaddlefford.

We'll agree to disagree Tim Brown.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, Hartlepool is too good fot them lot.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy - you're right.

I must be in a ranting mood today. Must be the weather.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton, the Club has a new treasurer (quite a rare change) as of last November, so maybe your points have already been considered.

I quite agree with those who've noted that the trend is away from physical location as an imperative, towards online services and - of course - postal delivery of membership benefits. As long as the Club has an administrative centre it must obviously be practical to attract and retain staff.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton, spot on.

A lot of SCGB activities are outsourceable (if there is such a word). Membership packs and the like are ideal for this. Taking holiday bookings doesn't actually require a desk... many highly successful booking services use homeworkers - often that means getting the best qualified staff but who may not want to relocate or who have young families. So, by my reckoning SCGB could get away with a very compact HQ set up and, the other thing not yet considered, is that it wouldn't need to be in the UK. Surely the alps would be a better place. Sell the property, spend some on technology, invest the rest, reinvent itself into something more funky and put DG in charge. You know it all makes sense.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
... put DG in charge.

They do that at the BBC, and I've noticed that people like Terry Wogan constantly mock the DG.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:

A lot of SCGB activities are outsourceable (if there is such a word).

Indeed, I am hiring a team of Indians to do next years skiing on my behalf. They can do it for a fraction of what it would cost me and it leaves me free to do other things.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latchigo wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Indeed, I am hiring a team of Indians to do next years skiing on my behalf. They can do it for a fraction of what it would cost me and it leaves me free to do other things.

Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchigo wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

That's got to be the perfect answer to DG's problem with global warming. We hire locals to go skiing for us and save all that silly back and forth flying malarky.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, The Ski Club of England
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oldsnowie, there is a ski club of Scotland. It has about 1200 members. The scgb has 1200 members living in Scotland according to the last report.
snow report
Tim Brown, we are a generous bunch – keeping two clubs going Very Happy
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, Nothing wrong with fun on wet Sunday. I have just realised that the forum sub division for the Ski Club isn't there any more. Just had a look at the Ski club site and there a piece on the Channel 4 cover of ski-ing for the season. Seems as if they are putting even more effort into it, which is great. Just wish it wasn't at 08:00 as I often forget to set the video or get up even. Embarassed Sad Very Happy
ski holidays
More to the point why can't TB and DG just argue on SCL ?
snow report
I think the Goldilodge is what it should be called now wink
latest report
I must resist, I must resist.... Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy