Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Things just keep getting better and better...Very Happy Very Happy
Just had a phone call from my friend in Spain who says she is free second half of Jan and early Feb so when is best for Sierra Nevada?
She does not ski so I’ll be staying for 2 or 3 weeks and skiing only one of them.
I'm asking for you to take a stab in the dark and tell me if i would be best sunbathing first and skiing later or t' uther way round Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
II, I've stayed in the Alpujarras in summer, and the locals all said the snow got better as the winter progressed and was quite often better in early March than January. I would say sum first, ski later.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II Can you be flexible? Not sure where your friend lives, but my mother lives in Nerja and we went for our first days skiing from there up to the Apujarras in early April this year. At that point and often throughout the year the area gets high winds which can shut a number of the lifts. We kept watching the forecast and booked lessons only a couple of days before. Also Jan/Feb are the time the Costa del Sol expects it's rain - tho they even had some in August so there's a global warning for you. Puzzled Temperatures in Jan/Feb at coast level are variable - shorts and t shirt if its sunny around midday, but tracksuits first thing and jumpers/coats in the evenings. I have swum in the sea in November once, but Jan/Feb its too cold for me.
Please do PM me if it would be useful and I will try and help or email Spain for a response!! My mother has a friend who skis as much as poss so could offer advice - but i think within the time frame it won't make much difference as individual days can vary so much
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's a photo taken in Feb of this year on the drive up snowHead

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle, Lovely photo - were you driving up from Malaga? I ask as my friend is moving to the Costa Del Sol this week (Mijas) and is taking her skis! She hopes to be able to go up for weekends (so do I! wink ) - How long a drive is it and what kind or roads - thanks snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From Mijas it's motorway to Granada then about 1/2 hour up the local road to the ski resort - would guess around 2 hours altogether providing it wasn't a holiday/rush hour etc. It was 1 3/4hr from Nerja, 40 miles east of Malaga but the motorway doesn't yet run along the coast eastwards- whereas from Mijas you can head inland then east on motorway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Late starter, Thanks! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anniepen, My sister-in-law has a home in Murcia where we travelled from, so the opposite direction, I'm afraid Very Happy
I do remember in the early '90's travelling to Grenada from Nerja - a horrible mountain road, took a lot longer than 1 3/4 hrs then, Late starter... more like 3/4 of a day!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michelle I think the motorway from Motril up to Granada has made a huge difference - and when they complete the motorway eastbound to Motril which now stops just past Nerja it will knock another chunk off. It's not a great road along the coast but if it was the same all the way to Granada it would be grim. But hopefully my mum is moving up to Granada - so we will be able to catch the 'snow bus' up straight from Granada! Smile
Think they didn't run day trips for skiing from Nerja twice a week in those days! Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Late starter, You'd be right there Shocked Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, Late starter, Michelle,
Thanks snowHead
I can be some what flexible as I do not have to work all of Jan and first half of Feb (other than to whitewash the walls and re-hang the paintings) NehNeh
Phoned friend in Spain again and she seems to think the blossom is better in Feb rolling eyes
So I think I will use Stellios’s £ 25 voucher and book last week in Jan skiing and first week Feb on the Costa Blanca. Hopefully this will avoid the Spanish half term Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
II, If you go to www.sierranevada.co.uk and click on the winter sports link, then the lift pass prices it shows the calender on which you can spot the Spanish holidays cos instead of being peak rate only at weekends its all week instead! You're Ok till the 11th Feb tho suspect weekends will be busy if the weather is good. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy