Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, im bored of blaggin boots of friends and hiring them as they never fit properly. Thing is i dont want to order any off the internet, but i don't know of any Ski equipment shops in Birmingham. Does anyone have any clue?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nicklt, Ski boots ? Lockwoods at Leamington Spa is the answer. Go see CEM wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nicklt, if you want to buy in the UK then Lockwoods at Leamington Spa are very highly regarded.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nicklt, At risk of seeming like i stalk your every post, Lockwoods is the place to go (or so i'm told) and you can get there very easily by train from brum.

I may even take a trip there myself very soon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski, CEM no longer works with Lockwoods, he has his own set up but he does, I believe, have an agreement about skiboots with them. Try to go to the clinic there on the 23rd or that week
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nicklt, Lockwoods are very friendly and if you book with them for half-term week you get a 10% snowHead 's discount (I believe) - no vested interests.

They gave me a very good deal on 4 avalanche transponders last year (my son is at Warwick Uni so very convenient to drop in while visiting him).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No CEM no longer works at Lockwoods - That said they will definitely be able to sort you out for boots and its only a short drive from Brum.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dme, Are you really this bored? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi folks I would love to go to the Lockwoods bootfitting but it's just too far Crying or Very sad I need to bin my ols SX81's Embarassed

I popped into S & R at gateshead yesterday and the new boots are arriving. I was impressed by one of the blokes there who appeared to be training some of the other staff as he asked me to take my shoes off and felt my arch ( on foot ) and looked at the width, he then got the other staff to look at what he was checking. He then suggested some boots including the X-wave 8 which should be a starting point.

I understand that it was only a quick impression and i wasn't in a position to sit down and get measurements done but he appeared to know what he was doing.

Has anyone else been fitted at the metrocentre S & R

and what is your impression of the X-wave 8 .

Im a 14 week skier with only one week in the last 8 years ( kids grrr ) but am getting at least two weeks this year yipeeeeeeeeeeee. I struggle on big bumps and havent had the opportunity to do off piste or powder Sad But i'll do anything else with a bit of aggression even at 37 years old lol.

cheers Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hmm, think im going to have to pop down to lockwoods then, need to get some money together first though. How often do they have the Clinics as lockwoods?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nicklt, this is a special snowHeads clinic, with Smallzookeeper coming over from Chamonix & CEM from very close by - plus other equally expert boot-fitters wink 10% discount on purchases for snowHeads.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17961
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yep very bored
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dme, do you never check your messages
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Curtains-I have a X-Wave 8 from2 years ago. ITs very good. Funnily enough I have very high arches. My feet aren't particuarly wide
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Curtains, I too have X-Wave 8s about 2 years old. I think I ski a similar level to you although have been more frequently than you in recent years (my kids are now old enough to let me go with my mates)Great boot for me very comfy and have custom fit in-soles. Unfortunately have no experience of your local S+R
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy