Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good snow news for South African skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of good snowstorms are sweeping South Africa this week, putting down good conditions for the ski resort of Tiffindell.

This report from SABC News.

For a snow and weather report, here's Tiffindell's website.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oooh I want to go!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most of my South African friends have never heard of it, but I'm trying to persuade them that it would be a worthwhile trip...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well if you didn't go immediately, looks as if you've missed your chance!
Quote:
Warmer weather arrives - EAST LONDON - A warm front has dashed hopes of skiing down snow-topped mountains throughout the Eastern Cape this weekend.

But while much of the snow has melted, Tiffindel Ski Resort reported it still had plenty of artificial snow for ardent skiers.

South African Weather Services spokesperson Peter Lumb said temperatures would be moderate throughout the Eastern Cape for the rest of week. Cloudy weather is expected early next week. - DDR

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2004/07/16/Easterncape/bwarm.html

(Of course, if you are an "ardent skier", that's different!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A trip report by some 'locals' (12 hours away by car from Cape Town).
Quote:
Experienced skiers looking to improve their skills may get frustrated with the comparatively small number of runs available at Tiffindell, but this will hopefully change once new slopes are built. That said, while the slopes at Tiffendell weren't particularly challenging, overseas holidays are an expensive luxury, so a few days at Tiffendell are an excellent, cost-effective fix if I'm to keep my skiing addiction under control. The familiar South African accents and super-friendly Tiffendell staff also make a welcome change from the surly Swiss you're likely to find overseas.

"Surly Swiss??!"
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy