Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

atomic metron m9

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i've a pair of metron puls m9s i bought for my son. He's been using some old Salomon pilot verse 10 carvers in 170 for a while - i thought the M9's would be better.
Then i read some reviews of the M9 which more or less said they were crap.. flopsticks... beginners skis - so i decided to let him stay on the salomons, & to sell the M9s. However while googling the M9 i came across this review from snow & rock:

"If you’re a level 4 skier or above, looking for some new skis to do everything with, then consider the Metron M:9. This ski has been designed by Atomic to try to give the user the best of all worlds i.e. it’s a ski that you can use over the whole mountain. It’s meant to be skied in shorter lengths, which gives great performance on piste; don’t be afraid to take it off piste though - the wide body shape gives great flotation! The M:9 will open your eyes to new possibilities and parts of the mountains you never thought you’d see yourself skiing. Tester’s Comment: Leith Rhodes - Chertsey Superstore Equipment Supervisor “A great ski that really is as versatile as they claim, super on piste and it flattered my off piste style”

que? any advice on which ones to keep? He's an upper intermediate skiier, 6ft & about 11 stone.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI,

I got a pair of M9's last season for a trip to Whistler, amd I found them to be very good all round ski's. They are pretty versatile and worked very well on fresh powder, 18 feet of fresh snow in the 10 days I was there. Overall they were good fun.

Upper intermediate 6ft 2in,

JPB
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm a Metron fan & the M9 is a good ski however for your son's ability & build, especially as if he's looking to improve, he'll probably soon reach the M9's limit. I've no experience of the Pilot but if he likes the Atomic feel he could be on something a bit beefier. Last season's M11 in 162cm would be ideal if he wants a tighter radius & you can get them at a bargain price.

How long have you had the M9's as Atomic offer a 'Metron Challenge' whereby you can trade up to the next model within a certain time of the original purchase. The new M11B5 is a cracking ski although you'd have you check the Metron chart for the correct length.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm.. so i reckon i might keep the m9s & sell the pilots...
it'll take him a while to outski the M9 as he hasn't skiied for 18 months & he's only doing 6 days a year anyway. Plus.. & a big plus for trend conscious teenagers.. the M9s look loads better than the pilots!! Only problem is, now his brother will want some!!

spyderjon - they are 04/05 skis, but i can't run to getting him new ones & i've just bought myself a new pair of B5's..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
riverwhy wrote:
......... i've just bought myself a new pair of B5's..

Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am coming late to the party but I must say the M9 is a good choice. I've skied on it and found it to be quick, great in crud, nice float in powder and playful. Big grins all the way around.
They are a bit lighter than the B5(which happens to be my main ski)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy