Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne skier numbers fall and only 15% are English

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
RG, Are you SURE....? on, or in Scotland.......!!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe we never make war against Scottish
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TEST
My snowheads has gone a bit funny Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's up with it Frosty the Snowman?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Toofy Grin
It'll be war of the Roses next Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RG, Just one example....Quote...."Mary of Guise in 1559. Mary was widow of James V, mother of Mary Queen of Scots, and Regent of Scotland. She used Stirling Castle as her main residence and needed something fit for an age in which English and French armies equipped with modern artillery fought for control of Scotland:"

Some details here....

and here..... Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been to La Plagne the last 2 years and even though I like the skiing, the accommodation is getting really stressed. Also the conditions last January were really poor so anyone booking late would probably have gone to Austria.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
harryok525, Shame to hear of your accomodation being stressed, many of the appartment blocks 'had the builders in' this Summer and last summer so I guess you were unlucky.
Ironically the best conditions in January were in the lower villages with snowmaking Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BernardC, I was a little joke. I know we were allies against English, and I know that Marie Stuart was Queen of France...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RG wrote:
Just a difference between both : we have never made war on Scotland ! wink

LOL, seems like that one started a bit of a 'discussion'.

Perhaps safe to say that the historical relationship between Scotland/France is a little different than that between England/France. After all Scotland had strong ties with France for a substantial perid of time and IIRC was an ally against England on more than one occassion. (Correct me if I'm wrong, 20th century history is my area of expertise rather than the middle ages.)
BernardC wrote:
RG, Just one example....Quote...."Mary of Guise in 1559. Mary was widow of James V, mother of Mary Queen of Scots, and Regent of Scotland. She used Stirling Castle as her main residence and needed something fit for an age in which English and French armies equipped with modern artillery fought for control of Scotland:"

Some details here....

and here..... Smile

BernardC, I think (and again it's not my historical era so I could be wrong) that the difference was that the French were there by invite, although obviously any power gets involved in a war primarily out of self-interest, whereas the English had invaded and were not welcome. IIRC there's a few occassions when the Scots and French held common cause against the English in this period.

We're all mates now though and were, at least in theory, throughout the 20th Century Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga wrote:
I think (and again it's not my historical era so I could be wrong) that the difference was that the French were there by invite, although obviously any power gets involved in a war primarily out of self-interest, whereas the English had invaded and were not welcome. IIRC there's a few occassions when the Scots and French held common cause against the English in this period.

I think it is important to remember that someone living in the south of England in the 14th century probably had absolutely nothing against a sheep crofter in the highlands. What we are talking about is dust-ups between the degerate self appointed royal families of Europe.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof wrote:
I think it is important to remember that someone living in the south of England in the 14th century probably had absolutely nothing against a sheep crofter in the highlands. What we are talking about is dust-ups between the degerate self appointed royal families of Europe.

Very true but it's probably true to say that anyone living in the lowlands of Scotland had a lot more against sheep crofters in the highlands than people living in the south of England. Mustn't forget the historical antipathy betwen highland and lowland Scots, although a number of Scots nationalists do Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In 1994 :

2,4 millions of day skiing pass

70 % of French
30% of strangers > 48% from GB (14,4%), 20% from Germany
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy