Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AMPLID twin tips

Poster: A snowHead
hiyall,

Anyone tried the new Amplid twins??? www.amplid.com

Want to try the Royal teddy and the Anti-Dogma to replace my beaten up Volkls with, otherwise its the Karma's lol

Feedback welcomed!

A
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drop me a pm...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
call me dense, but how do i do that then???

A
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Adam,

We will have Amplid skis to test at the Dark Summer Freestlye Ski Test at Tamworth on Saturday 25 November.

If you don't want to wait that long then Jay, one of their reps, is running a bunch of test at various slopes around the country. He usually posts details of them up on the Dark Summer forum. I have dropped Jay a quick note to let him know that you are after testing some and pointed him to this thread.

Thanks
Zack
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SUPERB! thanks for that, much appreciated

A
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My pleasure Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gloucester would be good, know lots of jibbers over there on K2's and Volkl's

A
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey guys,

the great bloke that is Zach Wragg from Dark summer let me know you were talking about the Amplid range of ski's.

I am the UK distributor for Amplid, and i have been busy travelling the country running lots of slope tests, but unfortunately not made it to Gloucester, but i will get on it, and try to arrange a test to happen within the next few weeks.

Just to wet your appetite, check out what the lucky peeps have been saying about the Amplid range of ski's here http://www.darksummer.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1006

I didn't have to bribe any of these people, or kidnap there mum, they just wrote what they thought!

Hey Adam, i dont know if you have noticed, but the Amplid skis have a great design on them, they have been designed with an insert pattern for the bindings (just like snowboards), so if you had a pair of Antidogma's and a set of Royal Teddies, you would only require one set of bindings for both sets of skis, how cool! (save you over £100)

Are you going to the ski show in london? or birmingham?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Karma no doubt!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lol

depends how much the lovely Amplid's are first lol - if and i mean if they're good value i may be tempted, but if not then it will be the Karma's

A
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Im just kidding.. just had to give that one back.. Wink

Seriously the Amplids look freekin sweet... just the graphics are propably the coolest Ive seen on a pair of skis.

Tex
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
glad you love the graphics guys!

Adam, send me a pm with your e-mail address, and i will keep you updated about the test at Gloucester

take it easy

www.amplid.com
www.lab15.co.uk
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So do these inserts work like on Lines reactors? Because I hear there were alot of problems with the Line Bindings and as a result they removed the concept as of this year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jski, I tried a pair of Amplids at MK and was lucky enough to be the first down after the kids had made a mess of the snow with their parties! As soon as they hit the rough stuff they felt excellent. That was, I think, the ladies ski. Pretty fat for a girlie ski.... All white. I'm hoping to try them again at the PSB, but that won't be you I suppose?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The insert pattern works just like the Line insert pattern used to, except this time there is no problems.

The concept has been extensively tested, Teddy Bear is a pro skier for Amplid, the Royal Teddy is his pro model ski, i have video clips of him dropping 40-50-60 foot cliffs with the Amplid bindings, slider plate and insert pattern, that on its own is testiment to how much abuse the insert system can take.

I have personally used the Antidogma ski's with the slider plate and insert pattern for over 6 months, i ski regularly at Sheffield Ski Village/Tamworth/Castleford and Rossendale, 2 or 3 times a week, and there has been absolutely no problems with the bindings releasing from the slider plate, or the slider plate ejecting from the ski's, it is a great concept, and i will continue to use it.

Easiski, the white ski's are called the Infrawhite's they are a unisex freeride/all mountain ski, and i am really glad you liked them. you can read the spec here http://www.amplid.com/ski/infrawhite.php
I've not heard of the PSB, or i'm just being thick at the moment, could you tell me about it?
snow conditions
Good to hear the insert system works. Are the Amplid bindings the same as 4front deadbolts? PSB stands for Pre Season Bash (I think) which is being held at the mondial du Ski/Snowboard in November.. Have a look under snowEvents for more info.
snow conditions
Thinks back to last year with Line and their "Problems" with delivery lol Shocked

Glad to see Amplid are re-hashing the Vist 614 lol - nice binding all the same (4Frnt, vist, amplid lol) Razz

Still not sure aboutt he whole insert thing, guess they wouldn't be any different to screwing normal bindings in eh? if your gonna break em you will anyway.

C'mon Jay, I got a massive hole burning in my pocket! lol

A
latest report
Hey Edmund,

The Amplid bindings are manufactured by Vist, you can check them out here www.vist.it
Vist also manufacture bindings for Movement and 4Front. I had never used the Vist binding before i had the Amplid one's and to begin with i was a little hesitant, but after using them in all conditions, and some times very aggresively i have to say they do the job very well, they release when there supposed too, and they stay on when required.

I'm personally very impressed with the insert pattern as well, as i mentioned 6 months continual use now, and not one squeek of a problem

come along to the Metro ski show and check it out for yourself, or get along to the darksummer ski test in november, and try it out for yourself, you wont be disapointed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy