Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ardent bubble to Linderet --Q's

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys... we are thinking of renting a chalet in Montriond, which is 5 minutes (quote) away from the Ardent bubble, which gives access to Linderet. How long does the bubble take? Also, from Linderet, how long does it take to access Avoriaz? I'm just very aware that with some of these larger resorts, a chalet can advertise "access to Avoriaz", but in reality it can take a long time to get there! What do you think?
emily
snow report
 brian
brian
ejh103, Lindarets is one hi speed chair from Avoriaz, 2 chairs up to Mossettes and Switzerland and one chair towards the Chatel sector, a very handy spot to start at. Not sure how long the cabine takes up from Ardent but I don't think it's excessively long, probably 5 minutes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ejh103, IIRC not long at all, it is all quite well linked, but there are very often be queues in Avoriaz for some of the lifts. It is a good ski area but does tend to get quite busy.

We always catch the bubble from the Ardent if skiing in Avoriaz and you can also access Switzerland and ski there, which is all easily do-able in a day snowHead

I am not sure how far Montriond is from the Artdent though. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ejh103 - I agree with IncogSkiSno - it's probably the best lift in the area to ski from.

It depends where in Montriond the chalet is - as the village is spread out along one side of the valley. It's certainly 5 minutes up to Ardent in the summer, but the road up needs a tad more respect in the winter. I'd say 10-15 minutes tops depending on conditions and where the chalet is. Don't be put off by that though as it's quicker than going up from the centre of Morzine.

There's a ski bus that runs from Morzine, via Montriond to Ardent - which runs every 10 minutes in high season and 15 minutes the rest of the season. That gives you the option of the 10 minute ride into Morzine to go up the Morzine / Les Gets side. The bus stops running around 7:30pm I think.

IncogSkiSno wrote:
It is a good ski area but does tend to get quite busy.

I agree, but substantially less people make it over to the Linga sector. We find the best thing to do is go up; ski over to Linga and then work back towards Linderats / Avoriaz against the flow of the skiers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really like that area - great stuff all round there. there's a great little restaurant round there which looks like a gingerbread house inside, and does lovely food - look out for it, it's got a very low doorway. I'll try and remember the name..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Which area are you thinking of firebug? There's a place at the top of the long run down into Linga itself called La Ferme du Piste that matches that description.

There's a lovely sign on the door that reads something along the lines of - "If you want your meal quickly go to a self service restaurant, we cook all your meals to order".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PhillipStanton, La Ferme du Piste - we've eaten there, I did have a piccy but I can't locate it right now Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
firebug, are you thinking of "chez babette" (maybe formally known as the "Vieux chalet")?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where's that David Murdoch?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ah babette, Patsy from Ab Fab's drop out ski bum sister.......................
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, That's the one!!!

Babette herself an extraordinary lady - ashton parker, indeed, that describes her well.
We stumbled on it on Christmas day, they squeezed us in and we has a marvellous Christmas lunch, finishing off with Santa coming round with genepi for all...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ferme du piste sounds good too- must try that one next time I'm there...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here she is!!

http://vieuxchalet.com/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Turn the speaker off if you go to that link!!!!!.

Gosh, what an awful tune!

Ah, Plaine Dranse! We've tried to eat there unsuccessfully all last season. We must book.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhillipStanton, sorry, mine were already off so I was blissfully unaware Embarassed

my, that is terrible Laughing

yes, I think we were very lucky to get in, there was a huge queue when we left so well worth booking...
snow report
Been to most of the restaurants around there and they are on the whole very good. ashton parker, very good. The better restaurants in Linderets are down from the lift area, down towards the start of the Ardent lift in the real goat village. One has been likened to some of the more famous establishments in Zermatt.

Good food and good ski area. Would agree with PhillipStanton, for a route early morning can be busy the closer you get to Avoriaz, best to leave this till around 11:30 or so.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
firebug, PhillipStanton, gents, I much prefer "Le Tane o'Marmotte" which is, I think the highest resto in that patch. You don't have to deal with Babette forcing puddings on everyone. If you've been there you'll know what I mean. And her cat was much cuter as a kitten (I'm allergic).

Easiest route to it is down the infamous "Second pitch of Renard" which is possibly the worst slope I have ever known. Consistently hideous. Only done it once with great pleasure after 45cm of very fresh. Probably just fair payment for the "First pitch of Renard" which is possibly the best slope I have ever known. Nearly consistently great bumps at a perfect set of gradients.

We also like "Le Pierre au Loups" at the top of the 4 man.
latest report
David Murdoch wrote:
...the infamous "Second pitch of Renard" which is possibly the worst slope I have ever known

...but that's one of my favourite runs... Shocked Shocked Shocked (That and Chamossiere.)

Admittedly, the entry is a little, errr, nasty. And the top is unpleasant. And the middle section can be a little, err...well...

And I'm not going to win any points for style.

David Murdoch wrote:
...at the top of the 4 man...

I hate to accuse you of being inspecific here...but...

(Reminder to self - keep piste map at home.)
snow report
PhillipStanton, but seriously, that lower part of Renard just (usually) has the most unpleasant bumps. Just so does!! Yuck. Yuck! YUCK! (There goes the E.E. (Doc) Smith thing again). The 4 man in question is the TS Pierre Longue. See here...http://www.chatel.com/ftpclient/pdf/planpistes.pdf

PS see forthcoming post on one-upmanship where do you get that feckin ticker thing from. Please switch it off. At Once. wink
ski holidays
Deary me, PhillipStanton, are you trying to conceive? That's what your Ticker Factory suggests!

I can't believe that site has an "Ovulation FAQ"!!

What has that to do with skiing?
ski holidays
David Murdoch - our secret wink Laughing Laughing
snow report
ejh103, Back on topic, sorry for deviating so far off. I normally have a car in resort and usually access the Avoriaz side of things from Ardent. It's almost certainly and usually the best way into that part of the system.

The bus service is OK although it's been years since I used it.

I assume however that nightlife is not a big attraction for you? There is not a great deal up at Ardent although the Amandier is a top restaurant for chalet girls night out. I'd think you might need to book.

There isn't a great deal bar or restaurant wise in Montriond itself either.
snow report
David Murdoch wrote:
There isn't a great deal bar or restaurant wise in Montriond itself either.

The bar of the (fairly new) Ridge Hotel has become a bit of a local destination. It also has free WiFi should anyone need to know!
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Is is in Montriond? It seems like a long walk to me...
ski holidays
David Murdoch - it is - about 4-5 minutes walk from the church as you head towards Morzine.

(Do remember that Montriond officially stretches from (more or less) the footbridge to the little hamlet bit.)
ski holidays
Montriond and the Ardent have changed so much since I started going there. I used to stay at the Chalet Koala in Montriond before the Ardent gondola existed, not the one there now but the one before. We had to drive into Morzine and get the little train lift up from the car park to the bubble that goes over the road.

I remember seeing one of the old gondolas fall off the wire at Lindarets just as it entered the station Shocked and the Escapade in the Ardent was the only building apart from a few old wooden farmhouses. There was some serious apres-ski every night in the Escapade Very Happy

There's a website here showing some wonderful history of the area. It's all in French, but there's some great old pictures.
ski holidays
Great link RachelQ.
snow report
RachelQ, What a top website. Excellent...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy