Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pushing the Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w, Yeah - what is it with blondes anyway -never understood it personally! Shock
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well thanks to everyone for their advice,
I've had two replys which gives me a good idea of what I'm going to have to fork out.
I'm just seeing what ski guides have to offer, I've asked if they will do tuition, blondes, brunettes, moguls, off piste etc.
Does anyone know the definition of a mountain guide over a ski instructor?

Chris

Aravis Challenge
For private guiding, Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 13.00, from 1 to 8 persons, the choice is yours, the guide is at your disposal for half day or full day.
Rates : 230 € per morning for the whole group, 350 € per the full day,
4 consecutives mornings, 220 € instead of 230 €

- Our ski instructors and mountain guides are all fluent in English,
- We provide security kits, rock sac, avalanche beeps, probe & shovel.
- The groups are small, 8 maxi.
- Our ski instructors and mountain guides are fully certified.

And From ESF;
You can hire an instructor for 5 persons if they are the same level.
The price is 161 euros for 4 hours (for the 5 persons).
For 5 days it's 805 euros.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
knobby, an Instructor teaches you how to improve you skiing. A guide will show you the best routes around the mountain (generally off piste) using his/her intimate lcal knowledge and experience.

You need an instructor.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know that in France, a qualified 'High Mountain Guide' is permitted to take you on routes across glaciers whereas an instructor is not.

This doesn't just mean way off into the back country but anywhere off piste which is on a glacier. This can include well worn shortcuts, just off the piste where, if someone randomly fell and injured themselves, the instructor could end up with serious insurance problems.

A HMG can probably show u a thing or two about skiing but they are not neccessarily good technical skiers or if they are, may have no interest or skill in passing that on.

A HMG needs to have good local knowledge whereas a Ski Instructor may not (although of course many do).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I received this today!
Bless. They even work on Sundays!

Our ski instructors can guide you to off piste, freestyle, and moguls, no worries.
The best solutions for you and your mates, is to hire a guide for half days,
4 hours in the morning to have plenty time to explore all the options that La Clusaz resort led you.
You can take the same instructor during your stay or you can pick up some morning of your choice instead, but if you really want to improve and have fun, take them in a row.
We can met you in the hotel corridors of L'Hotel ************ I presume, if you like.
To finalise the booking I need a 30% deposit by credit card, the dates you choose, we can also provid you skis to rent or you can doi it at the hotel, with us you will get 20%off on the hire equipment best regards
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy