Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Own up.

Poster: A snowHead
How many radios have you lost?

For me, it's two so far. I hook them onto my rucksack straps, and forget to check that they're still there. One lost on the OK piste the December before last, and one dropped in the Funitel at the EoSB.

Am I the only snowHead who regularly loses pieces of equipment?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
last season, i lost a sandwich out of my bag and was very very hungry.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer wrote:
How many radios have you lost?

None, in a lifetime of owning radios, but I once bought 11 televisions for £15 in a bankruptcy auction.
Unfortunately none of them worked (I discovered that the firm that had gone bust was a TV repair shop)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer wrote ,
Quote:

Am I the only snowHead who regularly loses.........

other snowHeads? wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowboard binding bolts are the easiest kit to lose.

Always see some poor unfortunate on a powder day digging for a ski under the lift on multiple laps every year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had I remembered to take the radios, then undoubtably I would have lost one.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't understand why people always seem to drop stuff on chairlifts. There must be a lot of chairlift faffers out there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
conor wrote:
I can't understand why people always seem to drop stuff on chairlifts.

Clangers and trousers
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back in April, on the sunniest day I've ever skiied on, my mate's sister managed to leave her goggles on a chairlift...twice Shocked The second time, we had skiied into the next valley before she realised and we didn't bother going back. Bear in mind these were her only eyewear Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Umbrellas are the most often lost item for Londoners.

Never buy an expensive one. It will probably get lost before you break it (apart from those £1.99 jobs you get from Wilkinson)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One, on the edge of the South East crater at Mt Etna. It was a really expensive commerical Motorola jobbie, and I was made to climb back up to the crater to get it. The only problem was the crater had exploded while I was standing at the edge, causing me to run away in fear (which is when I lost the radio in the first place). I thought it was very mean of my PhD supervisor to make me climb back up to retrieve the damn thing! Now I don't carry radios - I'd rather be out of communication than haul around a bit of kit I can lose.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Two Motorolas, one Cobra, several Brikos, several Reuschs, one Marmot, though I suspect the jacket and sunnies had help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Someone I knew found a DV Cam (in Japanese ) in Canada. He reported it to lost & found with a contact number but no-one ever got in touch.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Latchigo, Muji do very reasonably priced, decent quality umbrellas.
ski holidays
Having a background in skydiving and paragliding (where it's a very bad idea to drop things) I always have a short lanyard (strap or bit of string) attached to my radio and other gadgets. This is easy to tie to a strap on my backpack so if the radio gets unclipped It remains attached. It's amazing how many times things get unclipped for no apparent reason on the way down a mountain. wink
latest report
I usually lose at least one hat. I lost two at the Eosb, and one day in la plagne I actually managed to lose 3 in one day!
latest report
sunglasses are my weak spot I got through a new pair evey trip last year, granted I sat on 2 pairs while that is not losing them, it sort makes them hard to wear after been remodelled by 13stone of back bottom Smile
snow conditions
I bought a pair at the PSB last year (after my previous ones fell apart after 2 months) and I'm still on the same ones, that's something of a record for me!!
snow report
FenlandSkier, I suppose loosing your car whilst your away skiing doesn't really count towards this thread wink
snow report
Technically speaking the computer knew where it was, it was just that reality didn't match.
ski holidays
I tend not to lose stuff, but have the devil's own job finding all the paraphernalia the evening before a ski trip.
snow report
Watches Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Gloves
snow conditions
Wife Shocked

(just the one)
latest report
Oh dear - we lost Ayesha (9) in Val Thorens - that was a 'fun' afternoon rolling eyes

Her Mum was riding all over the place behind a Patroller on a skidoo, Gregory was accusing me of "not looking hard enough for his sister" rolling eyes
I said that she'd just go home but no-one thought she'd be able to find her way.
Poor thing spent well over an hour sat on our apartment steps waiting for us.
latest report
admin, to lose one child could be considered careless...
snow report
Maybe kids should have radios, or be remote-controlled by radios. The problem is lost radios, though, apparently!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Maybe kids should have radios, or be remote-controlled by radios.

Chips, like dogs??
latest report
admin, I think Ayesha did very well!
snow conditions
Yes, she sounds well capable of looking after wandering adults on mountains.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy