Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Allos

Poster: A snowHead
From the webcams, it looks like there's snow down to about 2200m on the Sources du Verdon (La Foux) and the Gros Tapy (Le Seignus).

Not completely out of the ordinary but a month earlier than the first significant snow in either of the last 2 seasons.

Probably means it won't snow again until March!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow down to about 1800m last night, from the webcams it looks to have melted below 2200m by lunchtime.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd say you are getting more tonight and for the rest of the weekend. There's rain forecasted on and off for the next few days ...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="ben wright"]Snow down to about 1800m last night, from the webcams it looks to have melted below 2200m by lunchtime.[/quote] Very Happy

Very Happy Ben Glad to hear it. I'll be in La Foux d'Allos over New Year so I hope it keeps on coming. Would you recommend any particular hire shop in La Foux ? A few of them appear to hire on line. I may buy a pair of boots while over there, so would like to deal with good people. Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHead georgedelaney
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
georgedelaney, Nice to see you here Very Happy snowHead .

Please let us know what you think of the area, as its one I would love to visit.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
georgedelaney, welcome to snowHead - we've only used the shops in La Foux a couple of times so can't really recommend one over another for service - both times were at very low season so our guests were the only people in the shop (resort?) so got all the attention/time they needed.

We used the Intersport one by the car park in the centre of town and the hire gear was good and prices low (but this was right at the end of the season).

It'll be pretty busy up there that week (sorry, it's the busiest week of the season Sad ) so if you arrive at a time that would let you visit the hire shop late afternoon rather than in the morning when everyone else pitches up do so. Also, you can buy your lift pass the afternoon before it starts and I'd recommend that as well.

The busiest runs will be those above the centre of the village - below the Aiguille gondola - so I'd recommend heading over to the runs off Signal and in the Agneliers sector.

Final top tip for avoiding the queues in the centre of the resort, as you ski down to the main chair and telebenne at the front de neige make a right hand turn where the trees end and head to the Pont de L'Abrau chair and take that up and ski across to the gondola.

Make sure you have a day's skiing in Le Seignus - it's only 10 minutes on the bus. It's a smaller area but the better runs are over there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ben thanks for that. I suspected it might be the busiest week but at least the atmosphere over the new year should be good! You can ski from the back of our apartment down to the Pont L'Abrau, so that will be handy given the crowds.

Frosty - we bought an appartment there last year and last visited in March. For me the big plus is the absence of the large tour operators (and large crowds) . People in the village are very friendy and being close to the Med is a bonus for non snow activities. Oh and of course the ski area is quite large.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
georgedelaney, it should be lively up there. Down in Seignus (which is a far smaller village) there's been a good atmosphere in the bars and out on the piste with people setting off fireworks and having snowball fights.

Which block are you in? They've been building a couple down towards the Pont L'Abrau this year and someone's applied for permission for others down that end of town so maybe eventually they'll open up some more terrain off that lift which is the best place to start out from on a busy day. Plus I've never failed to park in that car park even when people are getting ticketed all over town because they thought there was no space and have parked in the bus stops.

You'll be handily placed for the 'gare routiere' and the bus down to Seignus so no excuse for not trying it out!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ben wright, We're in Vallee Blanchee II. Nice to see money being invested in the area, though I wouldn't like to see it get too big. Will definately venture down to Les Seignus this trip. I'll keep my ears pricked for English speakers while there - they're few and far between.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
georgedelaney, as far as we know, there are 5 other Brits there full-time over the winter. Apart from our guests, we usually run into 1 or 2 small groups of English speakers per week but that's about it.

Looking at the webcams it seems to be pretty wet up there but there's plenty of time for it to snow - last year the snow didn't stay at 1500m until the beginning of December and conditions were really good all season.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like there's some snow up at La Foux - and not from the cannons. Down to less than 2000m if it's not a trick of the light!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Possibly, however I would be surprised. I was hiking from Isola2000 on Sunday and it looked like this Not even a sniff of snow.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is the pic that the tourist office website claims was taken at 4PM today

Looks like a bit of snow on the mountains above the brown apartments in the left foreground/the new block (more distant) being built. Didn't post it full-size as too wide for the screen but looks more convincing on their website.

Not quite shin-deep but it's a start.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A touch of snow at the top of Le Seignus (down to about 2300m) but more up at La Foux from the looks of this afternoon's photo of the Source de Verdon. Down to about 1900m.

www.valdallos.com
snow report
La Foux is looking quite good. Plenty of snow in the village
ski holidays
georgedelaney, yep - looks really nice.

www.valdallos.com

Probably all be melted by tomorrow!
snow report
ben wright,

When do you go over to check in person ?
ski holidays
georgedelaney, can't get over there until mid-January - family commitments mean we have to have a late start to our season. Hope I'm not a snow jinx and that we don't have a heatwave from Feb onwards!

Pah! The TO doesn't archive it's webcam pics so they've gone already. Looked like the snow had stayed when I checked today's shot. The snow level at Le Seignus seems to be just over 1600m but they'll really have to work the cannons to get the home slope ready. The forecast looks promising but I never count on it snowing until the flakes are actually falling.
latest report
Just got an email from the tourist office. The opening for LA Foux has been delayed by a week to 9 December - SUBJECT TO SNOW CONDITIONS!

Fingers crossed for a pre Christmas dump of snow or I may be on a beach for New Year
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy