Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Murren

Poster: A snowHead
Times online No3 Resort http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2100-2369854,00.html

. . . and I have finally booked my holiday, after much deliberation and help from various sHs imparticularly Chris Brookes:

2nd Feb - 9th Feb

The Jungfrau Hotel

Any other snowheads going to be there or in the area at this time?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, its rubbish Evil or Very Mad . Over-rated, poor snow, crowded pistes, expensive restaurants, unfriendly pisteurs. Wouldn't have bothered if I were you - you should have booked La Rosiere NehNeh

Only jealous really wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't forget to try the James Bond spaghetti at the restaurant of the mountain top. It gives a kick to the taste bud.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, I don't know Murren, but in fairness you make a good point Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went last year and murren has fantastic views from the top (james bond resteraunt) and a nice steep black to ski down from it. conditions were really good last year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, congrats Laughing Im sure you will have a great holiday in Murren !!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope I'm a good enough skier to ski the steep black from the top of the Schiltorn - it sounds like a must ,but not after the big bowl of hot spaghetti. Skullie

PS Where is La Rosiere ? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno wrote:
I.

PS Where is La Rosiere ? Twisted Evil

I suspect that you will be able to ski to it or take a short drive 'cos it's so close to everywhere Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Where is La Rosiere ? Twisted Evil

It's not a place, more a state of mind.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, rob@rar.org.uk, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno wrote:
I hope I'm a good enough skier to ski the steep black from the top of the Schiltorn - it sounds like a must ,but not after the big bowl of hot spaghetti. Skullie

Don't worry, it doesn't look scary until after the point of no return wink

Its a wonderful decent, with or without spaghetti
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IncogSkiSno, so what made you choose Murren rather than Wengen?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy, I liked the Hotel as it has a popular Apres bar and it's ski to door Very Happy and I just thought it was more to my liking, a bit more relaxed. As for ski areas, we will probably spend equal time in both, so it was neither here nor there which resort we stayed in. Very Happy

Have you been to either of them yourself?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, no, not been to either. On our list to do.......

My neice's ex-boyfriend' family (!) were Wengen die-hards and had spent every New Year there since the year dot. What with that and the fans here wink I'd just assumed when we went to the area we'd go to Wengen and hadn't really considered Murren. Be interested to hear your opinion of it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy, Murren.....any day Smile Smile

When you decide you visit the region i will list the props and cons of each resort wink

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 28-09-06 22:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
cathy, It was a hard call, we had to pick from the Swiss Travel brochure, and I dare say that had we had a free choice of accomodation, we may well have booked Wengen as that was where we were originally looking to go. The Hotel swung it, and Chris Brookes helped me out. No doubt I shall write a report of both resorts upon my return. snowHead

Not long 'til Tignes now : ) . . .
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, I must admit a couple of years ago we booked flight only with Inghams from Gatwick to Berne and then the transfer coach to Lauterbrunnen.Most of the people on the coach then went onwards to Wengen. I did speak to a couple a few days later in Murren who had been on that coach and asked them what made them decide Murren and not Wengen. They told me that they fell in love with the region and the skiing but after spending a day in Murren they decided the next year they would stay in Murren.

I guess it depends on what you want out of a hoilday!
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
When you decide you visit the region i will list the pros and cons of each resort wink

Why thank you kindly Chris, I think next year that may well be on the cards.

Incogskisno wrote:
Not long 'til Tignes now : ) . . .

I know! Seems like it was only yesterday I was on the 3 month countdown - now down to the 2! snowHead
snow report
cathy, pleasure will be mine Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy