Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

can you get a cheaper price than these guys???

Poster: A snowHead
Hey
im looking to go skiing mid-end march maybe in val 'disere or les arcs or chamonix either leaving on the 24th /31st march and found this website which does all inclusive packages
thats for
lift pass
coach from london to there and back
all meals
accomadation
ski hire
lessons/guiding.
www.action-outdoors.co.uk i'm thinking its out of val d'siere and chamonix the prices all inclusive i think are pretty decent around 24th it costs around £500 odd and around the 31st it costs roughly about £450 but under £500.
do you think thats cheap??? is it a good deal??
or can you get a better deal???

also one last question we're looking for a resort which has a pretty good night life,thats pretty nice and decent and hopefully not to pricy,with some good runs to keep us busy for the whole week. so out of chamonix and val 'disere which one would you go for????
or do you have one to recommend??
thankyou
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
straightedgeprophet, that is very cheap, if you break down the costs you'll find there's not a lot of money for accomodation or food so something has to give as niether Val d or Chamonix are renowned for having much (any) cheap accomodation. Both resorts have terrific apres ski but IMO Chamoix would be the better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd agree with David@traxvax that that's a very good deal indeed.

I think you'd be hard pushed to do better even if you had four people and could find a very last minute sef-catered deal.

The only downside with Chamonix is that everything, including the slopes, is pretty spread out and accommodation can be quite a way from the slopes (i.e. a non-trivial bus journey) - so I think Chamonix is more appealing if you've got your own car or if they're going to ferry you to the slopes (which is worth checking). If not, I'd go for Val.
latest report
 brian
brian
Outstandingly cheap, but then again I'd pay a fair sum not to have to be on a coach that long !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
straightedgeprophet, PM me if you are interested as I can get cheaper in Les Arcs, but it is self-catering.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
straightedgeprophet, PM me if you are interested as I can get cheaper in Les Arcs, but it is self-catering.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have never been with these guys but as far as i can recall from last years ski show UCPA maily caters for french students/school kids. Also you realise that the accomodation is in dorm rooms and that you may have to share with other guests from different groups. Dont want to sound negative but its best to find out if the format is still the same before you leave.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
straightedgeprophet,

Sounds pretty good although I am going to La Ros in Jan for £312.00 (Incl flights, transfers, chalet accommadation).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy wrote:
straightedgeprophet,

Sounds pretty good although I am going to La Ros in Jan for £312.00 (Incl flights, transfers, chalet accommadation).

I think it's the pass, lessons and equipment that push it into the very good value category...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy, if you include a lift pass and the free ski-hosting, your total costs would be £412.00 leaving around £38.00 to spend on ski-lessons should you need them, alternatively you could spend that on beer, happy hour in Le McKinley from 5pm would get you 2 for 1 pressions! so your £38.00 could last a long time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
31/3 is the first week of Easter. If its real then it is outstandingly cheap. Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
very cheap. I would be itnerested to know what sort of accomodation I was staying in. I've skied both chamonix and Val d'sere in consective weeks albeit some years ago and enjoyed both equally. Val is the more tradional ski resort and Chamonix is in a real town.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can go direct to the UCPA site here www.ucpa-vacances.com (hmm ... will that transform itself into a blue coloured thingy?). I have always imagined that the guiding/instruction will be in French and shared with a bunch of French teenagers. Someone around here had been on UCPA trips and may turn up with more helpful comments than I am able to make.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is certainly a low price. I would imagine that you would be sharing a room with a number of others - the website says dormitories of up to 8, so I would imagine that you would be in smallish rooms with bunks, but that may not be an issue to you... Similarly I would expect the bath and shower facilities to be a little on the basic side, and could imagine the food to be wholesome rather that Gordon Ramsey.

I would also imagine that you could be at a distance from the resort centre or lift networks, but again that may not matter to you.

Overall it is a good price in good resorts.

Slightly cheaper are Oak Hall, where you could get an all-in package for £431 and include 5x2 hour lessons, equipment hire and full Jungfrau area lift pass staying at Lauterbrunnen.

David@traxvax, your price was very good, but didn't include equipment hire, which would push things up a bit.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
poma, Thanks for posting about the link to UCPA and its English website (!) I have seen them around La Plagne and wondered what it was all about Embarassed
latest report
Ray Zorro, you're right but even that wouldn't take it much over.
ski holidays
Plus action-outdoors throw in lunch as well.
snow conditions
Ray Zorro,

Got my own stuff snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy