Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Nitrous or Völkl Karma

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arno, The Blower, blows the Made'n' AK away! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TexMurphy

Not a Jibber! blimey, I thought we all were lol

Watch this space for my thoughts on Amplid's after the dark summer do at Tamworth (If I can get there)

A
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adam_button, When you say strong do you mean robust or strong as in "even a 12 would hold your fat back bottom" Wink

I know that at least for Marker 12s go up to 115kg which Im under but when they say 115 do they assume pist?

Tex
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Strong as in strong construction - last a long time. Would never cast aspertions about your weight lol

My mate jarvski (also on here) is 19st and uses std marker 12free's with no probs so 12's should be ok

A
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its actually the evaluation towards my weight that Im interested in.. Wink

Seriously its harder to choose bindings the heavier you are as you dont want a too soft binding.

Id say the wide brakes do make sence so I guess Ill go with the Look´s.

Tex
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TexMurphy, What din do you ski?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TexMurphy, you need to get your DIN sorted before you decide what binding to buy. Your DIN is also calculated on your skiing ability and boot sole length, not just weight.

Ideally your DIN should sit half way on your binding DIN range. So if your DIN is 8, a binding that runs from 8 to 12 is perfect. Sometimes it's not possible to have your DIN exactly half way, but NEVER turn your bindings to maximum, even one less than the DIN max is not a good idea.

According to *most* DIN calculation charts I would normally ski on 8.5. I actually ski between 13 and 15 depending on the bindings and how / where I'm skiing. See a qualified ski technician and have a chat about your stats and style.

Lots of people recommend and like the Look Pivot (same as Rossi Axial) bindings which has been recommended above^. Look are no longer using this system on their consumer bindings. The main reason people claim to be such fans is due to the '3D' heal release - the heal piece has rotational release. This is said to be safer for knees. In fact, it's no longer needed because of the use of AFD (anti friction devices) that allow the front of the boot to 'slip' sideways out of the binding in effect the same motion as the rotating heal release. I’m not saying it’s old hat, after all it’s tried and tested, but I do find it interesting that Look have stopped producing it for their main stream bindings.

There was a version of the look binding branded with 'JIB' which obviously makes it uber-cool. It's no better for jibbing than any other binding and certainly has never been designed for jibbing.

It is also said that Look bindings can be easier to put back on in deep powder as you can pull on the heal section. Guess that makes sense, sadly when my skis come off in powder I tend not to be able to put them back on regardless of what bindings I'm using... Wink (note to sell, lower DINs this winter Twisted Evil )

All said and done. Look binding are very well made and designed. And I still maintain the best binding ever is a Look FKS.

Any binding that will allow for your DIN setting should be considered. I've said it before. Just make sure they match your boots Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
QUOTE:
There was a version of the look binding branded with 'JIB' which obviously makes it uber-cool. It's no better for jibbing than any other binding and certainly has never been designed for jibbing.

WTF! both Rossi Axial 1 120 and P12 Jib were SPECIFICALLY designed for jibbing - hence the name! if you dont trust my knowledge ask Dynastar, they comissioned it with the turntable heel.

Pah!

A
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
adam_button, P12 Jib no longer exists and all the old P12's had a turn table. The only difference between P/PX12 Jibs and other bindings are the plate and graphics. Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
adam_button wrote:
QUOTE:

WTF! both Rossi Axial 1 120 and P12 Jib were SPECIFICALLY designed for jibbing - hence the name! if you dont trust my knowledge ask Dynastar, they comissioned it with the turntable heel.

Pah!

A

I don't need to ask Dynastar, they told me. Years before the term 'jib' was even invented. I'm not saying I don't trust your knowledge, just wondering where you got it from Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
P12 Jib/Rossi Axial 1 120 hasn't been made since 2005 but you can still get them and they are still highly regarded.

A
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So I finally put in my order.

For me the Karmas with the Rossignol Scratch Ti 140 binding. Reason I went for that one was that it was the only 14 DIN binding they had that I was sure had a wide break and wasnt the Rossignol Axial 2 140 Ti Pro wide brake. I propably picked a much worse binding but that green binding would have looked soooo bad on the Karmas.. I kno I know vanity got the better of me...Wink 469 Euro

For my GF I picked the K2 True Luvs from last year for 250 Euro including bindings. Too good deal to pass on. Even if she grows out of them after this season it was still a good deal.

Thanks for the help guys. You have all been really helpfull provding alot of good opinions.

Tex
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"jibber" - how could I know if I was one if I didn't even know what one is?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges wrote:
"jibber" - how could I know if I was one if I didn't even know what one is?

slikedges, you're jibbering
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank heavens.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy